jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Who can aswer this silly old riddle first?

1. profile image0
    MangoGirlposted 8 years ago

Tweedledum and Tweedledee lived in the Forest of Oblivion. They had a peculiar habit of telling the truth and telling lies alternately. One of them lied on every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, but told the truth in the rest of the week. The other lied on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, but told the truth on any other day.
    Alice didn't know which of them tells the truth on which day, she couldn't even identify the brothers, because they looked so similar. All this made her a bit embarrassed when she met them in the Forest.

One said, "I'm Tweedledum."
    The other said, "I'm Tweedledee."

Can you tell which was Tweedledum and which one Tweedledee? smile

1. Dottie1 profile image83
      Dottie1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Today is Wednesday where I live so Tweedledum is lying today.  So he must be Tweedledee.  But Tweedledee is telling the truth so ahhh... well I guess I'll have to wait til Sunday when both are telling the truth!

1. ripplemaker profile image90
        ripplemakerposted 8 years ago in reply to this
      2. profile image0
        MangoGirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Congrats, Dottie! You are a smart one. smile

Yes, Dottie is a smart woman. smile And she has this new hub to keep our brains moving...check it out.

Brain Teasers Hub

1. Dottie1 profile image83
            Dottie1posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks MangoGirl and Ripplemaker.  I appreciate both your comments and thanks for the hub mention rip.  I guess all the practice while writing those brain teasing hubs has paid off, haha! smile

True...true...let's schedule our next game then. lol

2. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 8 years ago

Since one of them is lying and one is telling the truth no matter what day of the week it is, the guy who says I'm tweeduldum is tweedledee and the one vice versa.

working