jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Workaround for Yahoo Answers

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I think I may have found a solution to the Yahoo Answers problem.

They may have blocked Hub links in your answer, but they still allow them on your profile.

I noticed someone else referring the questioner to her profile for more information.  Sure enough, I can post links in the 'About Me" section.

I couldn't work out how to post nice neat links rather than the whole clumsy URL, but that's better than nothing!

I can see things could get a bit unwieldy if you wanted to post links to a lot of Hubs, but perhaps if you focussed on answering questions about specific topics, you could just post the most relevant ones.

2. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 8 years ago

That's a cool solution, Marisa, thank you!

3. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

Nice one - thank you!

4. Marisa Wright profile image92

Just an update - I made a new tracker to use on my Yahoo Answers profile.  So far, no results.  Looks like Yahoo Answers people can't be bothered going and checking on the profile!

However, I have discovered that it's possible to post a link to my blog as part of my signature.  No idea whether it will eventually get picked up as spam, but so far no problems and I've answered quite a lot of questions.

5. Apae profile image72
    Apaeposted 8 years ago

I think that if what you're saying actually is useful, it won't be considered spam.

6. Marisa Wright profile image92

Apae, Yahoo uses bots to detect spam, I can't imagine they're sophisticated enough to work out whether my answer is useful!  However, I have noticed that the length of answer makes a difference.   I got the old '999' response when I tried to post a short answer with a link in it.  So long as I write a couple of paragraphs, it goes through without a whimper. Just a pity it won't accept a HubPages link.