jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (18 posts)

Ads don't match content

1. My Inner Jew profile image83
    My Inner Jewposted 8 years ago

I need help. My ads don't match my content.  I have checked my keyword density and I did not use my keywords too much or too little.  Why do they not match?

2. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

If hubs in question don't have traffic for several days, ads pick default site topic...

My Inner Jewposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh interesting...but my default site content itsn't even matching ads...like my content is on a hotel in jerusalem, but i am getting ads on like treadmills

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
        Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Default for the entire domain (ie, all of HubPages), not for your page individually.  That is, Google has an idea of what the most popular topics across all of hubpages.com are, and if your individual hub does not get much traffic, it will simply place ads in those topic areas on your hub.

2. Misha profile image74
        Mishaposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Not your personal "site", but hubpages as a whole smile

LOL Maddie beat me to it smile

2. profile image60
      badcompany99posted 8 years ago in reply to this

I never knew that, interesting !

3. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago

Many of us have complained about this and are told the same things over and over.  The thing is Google needs to do a better job and stop making us look like something we are not.  Now I did as told and went to one of my older hubs and I refreshed it several times and I still got ads that did not have anything to do with my hub.

I know that I am tired of the rhetoric with this and I just bet there are many otthers who have the same fellings.  It isn't that we need to get the ads correct with older hubs, because we are not the ones who are getting the ad views, but those who are reading our hubs.  Like I said in another forum post just like this one, it only came to my attention from a reader and not a hubber.  He assumed that I was in the dating services and was going to aks me about that---but I am not and it had nothing to do with my hub...now do you get the point of so many complaints?

1. Misha profile image74

LG, actually I would expect from you more understanding of the fact that our worst enemy is inside, and if the world does not treat us as we would like to, it is not the world's fault, but our own one wink

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
        Lady Guinevereposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh I see, Google can make me look like a fool and others here as well and we take the blame for it..............come on!
        The dating sites were on my Ride to the Beautiful  Countryside and three new ones.  I read a hub on UFOS and the Greys and all the ads were about shoes!

haha...its kind of funny though...but it is strange...they should correct this...how would you get any clicks this way...what is the pointof keywords and keyword density if they are just going to stick whatever they want onto it anyways

1. Maddie Ruud profile image83
            Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I think the logic is that low-traffic pages don't get many clicks anyway, so it may not make sense to devote resources to carefully target ads on those pages.

That makes sense...should have used my logic in the first place

2. Lady Guinevere profile image61

Yep!  It don't matter one hill of beans what we put on as tags.  LOL

1. Misha profile image74

Why should it? Google knows no tags smile

1. ngureco profile image85
                ngurecoposted 8 years ago in reply to this
  4. My Inner Jew profile image83
    My Inner Jewposted 8 years ago

haha thanks guys!  Now i understand..whew what a relief..i was stressing on this one and some other hubs thinkingi have got it all wrong...but i guess i have a better understanding than i thought

5. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

LG, only you can make you look like a fool. Or only me - myself for that matter. Google does not have that power smile

Figure out what you do - or don't do - that causes the problem, and fix it. As easy and as complex as that smile

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61

You are funny! LOL

working