jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Thumbs up or down

1. J.T. profile image60
    J.T.posted 9 years ago

Thumbs up, or thumbs down, does it really mean anything, when someone is rating your hub, and only does it in a negative way, it only means that the person haven´t understand a word of it, don´t let that get under your skin. My dad always said " son, it doesn´t matter what other people say, the only one who can put a smile on your face, is yourself ", just wanted to let you all know.
    There is no such thing as a bad hub, there might be some, who could need a little help, then give it to them, instead of rate it down, i know i could use plenty of help.

too all of you fantastic hubbers

J.T

2. profile image0
    H. Irvingposted 9 years ago

I don't think anyone has even used these on my hubs.  Do they affect your overall or hub rating?

3. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

They factor into it, yes.

Also, I believe that if you vote on other peoples hubs, it factors into your own score - Im pretty sure Paul said that once.

Most people - even those who are top ranked - do not vote on hubs. Not even after leaving a paragraph of praise in the comments.

Its a bit sad, really.

1. jimmythejock profile image82
      jimmythejockposted 9 years ago in reply to this

when I have read a hub that i like i comment if i know enough about the subject, and i place a thumbs up vote, i cant say that i always do though because i sometimes forget about the feature. i sometimes won't comment though if i dont know the subject matter but i do give a thumbs up if i like what has been written about.....jimmy

4. Lissie profile image87
    Lissieposted 9 years ago

Yeah me to - its hard to remember to thumbs up if  Iactually write a comment

5. Isabella Snow profile image89

I wasn't talking about you, Jimmy. wink

It just seems silly that so many people espouse the need to flag a hub or vote it down, but can't be arsed to vote up. Seems a little one-sided.

6. Apae profile image71
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

It does. I think its just becase most people want themselves to go up and not others. But downrating has the opposite effect on you. Some people are just a tad silly in that sense and it makes me wonder how the highly rated people have gotten that far up using these tactics.

7. J.T. profile image60
    J.T.posted 9 years ago

It´s a bit sad actually, but it seems like some people have a very narrow way of thinking, after i wrote this post yesterday , i suddenly got two more thumbs down,

1. Misha profile image75
      Mishaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

This had to be expected when you posted such a topic smile
      We have a saying in Russian for such cases, it will translate to smth like this:
      "If you don't touch the crap - it won't stink..."

8. J.T. profile image60
    J.T.posted 9 years ago

Hahahaha....a very good saying misha, and very colorful, i like that.

9. Isabella Snow profile image89

If you start to get a lot over a short period time, I suggest contacting admin to see if they are all coming from a single IP address.

Easy enough to find out.

Otherwise, don't get too down, it happens to everyone.

10. J.T. profile image60
    J.T.posted 9 years ago

Thanks isabella, don´t worry, it takes a hole lot more to ruin my day.
    J.T

working