jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Social Security Numbers.

1. Gokkaya profile image61
    Gokkayaposted 9 years ago

Google adsense wants us to enter our Social Security Number so we get paid..the Govt. makes us pay taxes for this. I was wondering how much tax did you guys pay when you get your money from google?

1. embitca profile image85
      embitcaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

If you're in the US, adsense earnings will be 1099 income rather than W-2 income and you'll be responsible for paying the tax yourself rather than Google deducting it from your cheque and paying it for you

Once you start making money online, it is usually a good idea to at least have a chat with a tax attorney or accountant so you can sort out what your obligations are.

2. Apae profile image71
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

I need not pay tax on Google since I'm Australian. Its lovely big_smile Maybe you should move here.

1. thecounterpunch profile image55
      thecounterpunchposted 9 years ago in reply to this

But you will have to pay tax to Australia.

2. embitca profile image85
      embitcaposted 9 years ago in reply to this

I lived in Australia for four years and paid tax on all of my income. They probably have a threshold as well, but if you go over it, you will have to pay taxes to the Australian govt. on foreign-earned income.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

In the United States your federal tax rate depends on your total taxable income.  For small amounts of income, the rate is effectively 0% (and sometimes even negative).   If you don't meet a certain income threshold I don't believe you even have to file a return.

However, if you are under 18, I believe your income may affect your parent's return.  The IRS has more details.

1. Jerrico Usher profile image61
      Jerrico Usherposted 9 years ago in reply to this

yea and in california if you concider this a business (and can prove it i.e. you have a network of paying sites for your writing) and you fail in the first year you can claim a return up to 2400.00 smile although you have to make a certain amount anyway and if you did why would you fail? or quit?

4. Gokkaya profile image61
    Gokkayaposted 9 years ago

Cool thanks.
    I always wanted to go to Australia.

5. Apae profile image71
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

On Google Adsense I need not pay tax. Heck, under the right conditions I can even claim my iternet connection as a redemption, given what I do on HubPages.

working