jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

New Feature Suggestion - Amazon Products Opening In New Window

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I'd *really* like to see the Amazon products open up in a new window. I know that Adsense opens in a new window and after discovering that Kontera doesn't, I deactivated it. My adsense earnings really started to increase because people stayed on my page longer.

I think that having the products open in a new window for Amazon would allow visitors to stay on our Hubs longer, too. This could also potentially increase our Adsense earnings.

1. dabeaner profile image60
      dabeanerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Good point!

2. freelanceworld profile image60
    freelanceworldposted 7 years ago

Yes, opening a advertisement in a new page/tab does has a effect, generally, on Time of stay of a visitor on original page, which gets prolonged.
    Generally, seen.

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image49
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

Absolutely correct.  EBay and Amazon should be in new windows, as is anything that take people off our hubs - even links to other hubs.  That way HubPages maximises it's viewing and therefore click potential

4. Mark Knowles profile image61
    Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago

I disagree. I would rather they went a-wandering around Amazon and bought something. wink

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image49
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago in reply to this

ah but then after they have, THEN they close the window and see my hub again... and I get a second bite at the proverbial cherry

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Google tends to view links that open in new windows much the same as pop-up ads, since it can't really tell the two apart, and downgrades sites that pop open new windows.