tweetmeme javascript needs to be allowed. Digg is dead

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)
  1. bgamall profile image69
    bgamallposted 14 years ago

Retweeting is the new bookmarking. Digg is dead. Java for retweeting needs to be allowed on hubpages or we will be left behind.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

No it doesn't. You can retweet from your own client...

1. getpaidtopost profile image40
      getpaidtopostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree, No scripts. Java causes all sorts of issues and is a major security issue. hubpages will never allow java on hubs. Hope this helps

2. bgamall profile image69
      bgamallposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How do you retweet? From the bottom of the page? That is a tweet but it is not a retweet. Retweeting is a specific application.

But I am saying that this application could be placed on all hubpages by staff. This is a specific application that will replace digg. This will replace lots of bookmarks because it is relevant, not supplemental.

3. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 14 years ago

It is very easy to retweet manually.  Simply go to the hub you want to tweet and copy the url.  Next, log into twitter and then paste the url into your status there.

Hi Sweetiepie. But the point is that tweetmeme is a new application that will replace digg. This is HUGE. This will revolutionize viral marketing. Twitter will be king of viral. Retweeting is different than just tweeting because tweetmeme records each tweet like digg records diggs. This is big, big Sweetiepie.

I just put up a hub on it with links to the services that will make this go.

4. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

If you use TweetDeck you can retweet...if you use HootSuite you can retweet...if you type in RT and what you want to retweet you can...

I realize that. I have Tweetdeck. But, this is still different. Tweetmeme counts the tweets like Digg counts Diggs. This is revolutionary. This is the biggie, the big kahuna of viral marketing. Unless other Twitter applications are allowed for Digg, and other bookmarks, they will become much less relevant than this application of bookmarking through tweetmeme.

2. bgamall profile image69

I am not sure, but I believe that Tweetmeme tracks ALL retweets. So they track Tweetdect, Hootsuite,etc. Reason I believe that to be true is that there are sites you can randomly come to with their toolbar (which you don't have to download) and those random sites don't have a javascript button from Tweetmeme.

But Tweetmeme is the hub of all this. BGpapa said that you cannot shout anymore on Digg. He says Digg could be dead.

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Are you affiliated with them? wink

Lol Misha, you are so jaded in a fun sort of way.smile If you had bothered to go to the hub I just made or the tweetmeme site you would have seen that the link is a generic url with no affiliate link. They don't need affiliates.

I am amused. Not mad.smile

6. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

LOL You were pushing so hard it made sense only if you are affiliated smile

Come on, we are getting yet another revolutionary twitter application every week or so, cool down a bit smile

It may be the next revolution, may be not, we'll see in a due time smile

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it.smile Ah, was that a song or something? Pointer sisters?

I have looked at a lot of twitter applications but this seems to be the elephant in the room. We will see. I can "Digg" it. Lol. I wonder if Digg allows digging it. Or will they "Digg" their grave.

7. bgamall profile image69

Also if you hear a sucking sound it is all the hubbers going to my hubpage about Tweetmeme and leaving to go to the site. I had to hang onto a branch outside my house so I wouldn't be blown away. It was terrifying.

They should be back soon though smile

8. bgamall profile image69

Thanks everyone who stopped by my hub today. I was, frankly, quite surprised.

And don't call me Shirley. Hmmmm.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)