jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

May I copy Hubpages articles to my website?

1. igorvragovic profile image59
    igorvragovicposted 7 years ago

I would like to ask is it allowed to copy Hubpages articles and post them on my website, while providing the link towards Hubpages and including the full resource box?

This question is related to the possibility to reprint EZINEARTICLES.COM articles. More details about their terms of use can be found on:

Is there anything similar for Hubpages ?

2. Christa Dovel profile image90
    Christa Dovelposted 7 years ago

I don't thing that would be appreciated, since Google frowns on duplicate content, but I am not the expert!  big_smile

3. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Not a good idea. HubPages prefers you keep this content you publish here, on here. You could post a summary of your hub and a link to your hub on your website though.

4. FunFacter profile image57
    FunFacterposted 7 years ago

Not a good idea, you could certainly take the ideas and mix them around but copy pasting the content it is just not nice. I mean you are basically playing on people work further google hates duplicate content.

5. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Even if hubpages allows it, google hates it and will penalize you in its search results. It considers posting identical or near identical content in multiple places as spam.

You need to decide the very best place on the internet for your writing and put it in one place. Write unique variations, if you want to create backlinks.

6. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

You could not copy any articles without the permission of the writers it is all original work that is written here. smile

7. igorvragovic profile image59

Thanks for your fast replies. I am aware about Google policies concerning duplicate content. Despite that, posting copied articles on my website I make them more visible, helping my visitors to find information they need. Average Joe would never look for a specific information on general article sites (I know that both from my personal web experience and from experience of my friends).

My question is related to the official Hubpages copyright policy. In the case of EzineArticles, I "pay" for the copied content by including the full Resource box or Signature line at the end of the article. Thus, the copyrights of both the authors and EzineArticles are not violated.

Is there anything similar for Hubpages?

8. Chris Telden profile image87
    Chris Teldenposted 7 years ago

No, the terms are different.  When you submit an article at EZineArticles, you are not getting paid in any way, and you still have rights to use the article, but you are giving permission for anyone to post it on their website as long as they do so according to prescribed rules.  Here at HubPages, when you post an article, you retain the rights to it.  Nobody else has permission to post it anywhere. 

They are actually two different types of business models.  EzineArticles provides two services: content to the people who want to use the articles and advertising for people who write the articles (who usually include self-promoting links in the article). EzineArticles provides a venue for a friendly trade between writers and publishers, and they get paid for doing so largely with ad revenue from displaying the pieces on their website.

HubPages is more like an office building; writers take up their rented spots in the office building by publishing their work, but they retain full ownership of their products (i.e., the writing they produce--although they might also "rent" photos and videos and feeds from other sources by complying with their respective terms).  Writers must comply with the rules of the office building, and they can use their "offices" for a variety of functions. 

HubPages can afford to do this without charging "rent" because writers essentially "pay" them with a share of ad revenue. 

If, as a publisher, you want to use a HubPages writer's "product" by posting it in full on your website, you must ask the writer for permission, and there's a good chance you'll be turned down, unless the writer's aim in writing the piece was either to get advertising exposure for a separate business or simply to get a following. Otherwise, it's viewed as "stealing" business--i.e., robbing the writer of both good search engine placement and advertising revenue.  However, if you just wanted to include a short excerpt (a few words) from the original piece and link to the original article on HubPages, that's generally viewed in a positive light, since it brings traffic back to the article's creator.

Does that make sense?

9. igorvragovic profile image59

Yes ! Thanks a lot. That was the answer I was looking for :-)

10. Wingrider profile image64
    Wingriderposted 7 years ago

use an rss feed from the site you want .. it will give you the content you desire and the original author the notoriety he deserves