jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

help for newbies

1. jimmythejock profile image85
    jimmythejockposted 9 years ago

Questions and Answers

I have compiled a list of the top 5 questions I am asked by new authours and the answers that I have given.

5)

WHAT SHOULD I WRITE ABOUT ?

A good place to start is to write about things that you know about, share your knowledge of the world with others. If you run out of things to write about the hubpages idea bank is a useful place to look,pick a topic do some research and then publish a hub with what you have learned.

4)

DO I NEED TO ADD A REFERRAL TRACKER TO EVERY HUB I WRITE ?

you dont need to add a refferal to your hubpages but you can if you really want too,

referral trackers are for sites outside hubpages that you use, to get new visitors to hubpages, if they sign up from your tracker you will benefit from their earnings.

if you have a personal website, a blog ,forum sites or anysite where you have a profile,add a referral tracker to them.

3)

I AM GETTING ALOT OF HITS ON MY PAGES, WHY ISN'T ANYONE CLICKING ON MY ADS?

Be patient it took me over a month on hubpages to get my first click on my ads but after that I started to get alot more.

2) I WROTE A HUB AND WHEN CHECKING MY STATS I NOTICED THAT IT HAD A NOT USEFUL VOTE WHAT DID I DO WRONG?

Nearly every hub I have written has at least 1 not useful click, it doesn't mean that you have done something wrong, it just means that the person who gave the click didn't like your work, but it will not affect the amount of visitors to your page.

1) For every question I am asked from new authors I am asked this one 10 times more than any other.

HOW MUCH DO YOU MAKE FROM HUBPAGES.

How much I make from hubpages is between Hubpages and myself, suffice to say yes I do make some money from my hubs,no hubpages is not a con and no hubpages do not steal your money like some have asked.

the money you make on hubpages comes from advertisers, the contract is between you and google,ebay and amazon. hubpages can access your ad accounts but they cannot take away your earnings.

hubpages is the most honest site I know and that is why I am here

2. Dalene Entenmann profile image60
    Dalene Entenmannposted 9 years ago

TechCrunch Duncan Riley blogs

HubPages Debuts New Look, Ad Yield Technology

that gives those interested in contributing content to HubPages a nice review and overview of HubPages.

"I spoke to Paul Edmondson ahead of the announcement. He told me that they currently have a handful of publishers making in excess of $1000 a month from their hub pages, with the top publisher currently making $1800/ month. Although by no means full time incomes, for the average writer these are good figures, decent pocket money for those looking to make money online from writing as a part time pursuit."

When it comes to making money providing content online, the two basic facts leading to any measurable success at all are frequency and quality of content published. It's a long haul proposition, with patience, persistence and promotion key elements.

Personally, I have found that if you write about an area of interest in which you are passionate about, you will not run out of things to say, or information to discover and share -- and with the internet, a group of like-minded individuals who will find what you are writing about relevant and interesting.

3. Dalene Entenmann profile image60
    Dalene Entenmannposted 9 years ago

The previous link does not work. I may have coded the url link wrong. Here is a copy and paste version of the link to the referenced post at TechCrunch.

HubPages Debuts New Look, Ad Yield Technology

http://www.techcrunch.com/2007/05/07/hu … echnology/

4. Marti profile image80
    Martiposted 9 years ago

I read that article at TechCrunch!  That's how I ended up here.

smile

working