jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

1. megs78 profile image61
    megs78posted 7 years ago

Hey everyone,

I just got a message from Amazon about how I haven't made any money from them yet and what I should do about it.  They are saying I should add an Astore and widget and all this stuff...is it really necessary?  I feel like my hubs are drowning in advertising sometimes, but I don't want to miss out on any money-making opportunities.  So what to do?  Any ideas out there?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

An A-store is for your own website. In my experience, it's very hard to make money from Amazon. I've had an account there for 3 years and I've made less than $10. You just have to try and have your Amazon products relate directly to your hub, that way people may buy. I sold replacement feathers on a DaBird hub I wrote and I sold a book through a book review hub I wrote.

I've had more luck with Ebay...but there I've made only about $10 in 15 months.

3. johnr54 profile image72
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

The astore is not an option on Hubpages. 

Amazon can be a good moneymaker on Hubpages (I get more from Amazon than Adsense) but the way many Hubbers do it by just throwing in a few links on related books won't do much.

One good strategy that works is to write a how to article that compares a couple of different ways of doing things, and put up Amazon items that help get the job done.

1. megs78 profile image61
      megs78posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks a lot for the info.  I know that getting rich through amazon or adsense is pretty much a dim dream, but I just don't want to NOT do something that may actually work for me.  Thanks again,

2. megs78 profile image61
      megs78posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi, Thanks for your info.  Why is an astore not optional for hubpages? 

1. johnr54 profile image72
        johnr54posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You could build an astore offsite and then link to it, but the real power of an astore is to build pages that look like a store, or to put ad blocks up from the store on your pages, neither of which you can do on Hubpages since you can't put Javascript or arbitrary HTML up on them.

4. myra636 profile image61
    myra636posted 7 years ago

Hi I am kind of new at hubpages too, what I did was but the widgets and astore on my blog acct. I have made about 10.00 in the last two weeks. The astore was easy to do

5. Julie-Ann Amos profile image50
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

I make good income from Amazon - about $10-20 a month.  I agree you have to focus the products you display very carefully