jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Is there a way to control the sequence of tags?

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

Many of you may realize that I write for amusement on here.  As such, I often play with tags as part of the joke.  However, I can't get them to line up in the order I type them.  How does HubPages calculate the sequence.

Example, Say I wanted to have my tags appear like this:

chicken little
    was right
    the universe
    is ending

When I hit publish, what I end up with on the right side of my hubs is probably going to be:

was right
    is ending
    chicken little
    the universe

or whatever... thus ruining my fun.  So, how do I fix this?

2. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

When I look at my published hub, there are little red x's next to the tags.  You can delete them and add them back in. They get added in at the bottom and it may take you awhile, but you can get them in the order you want.  Now, to be honest, I haven't really paid attention if they permanently stay that way after I've done it.

1. dingdong profile image60
      dingdongposted 7 years ago in reply to this

They will get rearranged themselves, deleting and adding won't work smile

3. Shadesbreath profile image89

Yeah, I already tried that.  And they aren't alphabetical too, and yet, they seem to stay in the order that HubPages randomly sets them in once they get shuffled.

Popular tags like entertainment, health etc. will be in the order of prior popularity. Not sure about how do our own tags get arranged.

4. KCC Big Country profile image85
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

Oh well.  LOL   That figures.

5. Shadesbreath profile image89

That may be of some use, knowing that.  Have to go mess with it.

6. puppascott profile image81
    puppascottposted 7 years ago

I concur with dingdong. They are arranged in order of "search" popularity. I believe the words we add fall under the same criteria once they have been added to the list. Sorry Shades.

I don't think it is about search popularity. The most used tag(within hubpages) will be on top - entertainment for an example.

1. Elena. profile image88
        Elena.posted 7 years ago in reply to this

I wonder if it's within hubpages or at Google.  I'd say tags are Google ranked, if I had to say something about it.  Would appreciate someone from the staff to clarify the matter, actually.

7. Michel Lussier profile image59
    Michel Lussierposted 7 years ago

Yes, I am too wondering about the "tag sort". And I can't see any correlation with the sorted keywords in the Google Keyword Tool (that I often use when choosing my tags). It would seem logical that tags that already exist should be on top... but for more specific / less popular tags, I can't figure out how it works.

I'd like to know, because I hesitate to delete tags in the upper part of the list, thinking that I might be missing something...

8. 0
    Béla Mongyiposted 7 years ago

I'd like my tags to appear upside down. Is it possible?

working