jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Links inside body text?

1. My Inner Jew profile image84
    My Inner Jewposted 7 years ago

I have seen many people put hyperlinks inside their hubs but instead of it being a hyperlink it is like a click here to see my other hub on this info...how do i do that? 
    Also, what is a contextual link?

1. darkside profile image85
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Whether you link to another site or to another hub, it's still hyperlinking.

If you want to link directly to another MODULE in another hub, that takes a little bit more effort, in finding the exact anchor. I have written a hub on how to make a Table of Contents. You can use the method to link modules within your own hub or to modules in any other hub too.

A "contextual link" is probably referring to Kontera, where a word within the content is made into a link, and that word is related (in context) to the advertisement. Adsense are usually pretty good with contextual advertising, but Kontera, not so much. The individual word that they use may be a keyword for the advertiser, but what they're advertising usually has little to do with what the context of the entire hub is about.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

While in *Edit* mode ...highlight the word ... click on that lil *Chain* pic on the toolbar...a menu pops open...insert the URL you want or scroll to one of your own hubs smile n save. Hope that helps.

3. My Inner Jew profile image84
    My Inner Jewposted 7 years ago

Thanks you guys were very helpful!