Ok we all know that Adsense above the fold gets more clicks.
So logic would dictate that when we add an Amazon capsule to a hub it would get more clicks above the fold too, right?
But that's logic by rote - my HEAD is telling me to do it the way I do - which is put the Amazon capsule at the bottom - not right at the bottom but to the right of the below the fold text.
1. Then it doesn't compete with the Adsense - Adsense above the fold, Amazon below the fold. Looks prettier.
2. I don't think that if someone is looking for info on, say, How To Breed Ferrets they want to buy a book, necessarily. But if they read a well written informative article on How To Breed ferrets, but obviously tht article only goes so far as it can't offer everything in a sensible sized hub, curiosity and appetite whetted, they're likely to either (a) look for more hubs/articles/information on the topic or (b) decide they'd like to know a LOT more and buy a book.
3. Same strategy as the candy just at the checkout in supermarkets - picks up the inmpulse shopper.
What do people think? Am I kidding myself? Should I be going for Amazon placemen above the fold?
Ok am off to write about Breeding ferrets (not)....
Sounds like you've got a good strategy, after all you get paid by Adsense whether somebody buys something or not. The only two instances in which I'll try to give eBay/Amazon top billing over Adsense is:
(1) The ads that appear on the hub in question tend to be very unrelated to the content and are unlikely to attract any clicks, in this instance it's probably more profitable to put a greater emphasize on eBay/Amazon widgets.
(2) The Hub is promoting an expensive item, i.e. luxury watches. Whilst it is definitely less likely that someone is going to buy a fifty grand watch via my hub, you never know, and it could be worth giving up a few 50 cent Adsense clicks to go for the big commission.
Just my thoughts.
I did pretty well this month with Amazon.. 46 sales So I am pretty happy with my strategy..
If I am soley making a hub to promote an amazon product, I put it above the fold. If its Adsense first, amazon secondary I integrate the ads just below the big amazon box. Most of the time I also push the ads to the right.
some other things...
I try to list only similar amazon products per capsule. I have in the past, but now when I make hubs I won't put a book and a toy in the same capsule. Or a bike and a helmet. I will put different garden sprinklers in the same capsule or different brand tanning oils. does that make sense?
The only time I ever choose to offer books is if there is absolutely nothing I can think that would sell better then a book. 85% off my sales are not books.
I've just recently started integrating descriptions when putting in specific products. Will see what kind of effect that has soon.
by Marina2 years ago
As part of the Squidoo asset purchase, we're excited to incorporate some of the best-performing practices from Squidoo into HubPages. They've always had us beat in Amazon sales, and we're pleased to announce that we're...
by IzzyM19 months ago
Now that we are 'all in this together' so to speak with the new HP Amazon program, it is in all our interests to get as many sales as possible, as we will all benefit.I'll start.If your hub is all about cleaning...
by Paul Edmondson4 years ago
We are working to track down an issue with the site that we think may be impacting traffic indirectly. So, until we can be sure we've identified the issue and developed proper fixes, we are going to revert the...
by Jasmeet Kaur3 years ago
I planned to use ebay capsule on most of my hubs because they pay per click. As I don't have alot of traffic on my hubs and there are only 4-5 clicks per day on ebay capsules, but my EPC is always zero. I can't...
by Marisa Wright2 years ago
Janderson just submitted some great suggestions on this thread:http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/126313#post2666393and I think this one deserves a suggestion post on its own.We're always being told to be discriminating...
by Colleen Swan3 years ago
Hi,I am constructing a new hub and the ads have been disabled because of the subject matter; assisted suicide.Can I still use the amazon ad capsule?I tested it and it brings up the perfect product; a book on the...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.