jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Problem with groups rss feed

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image50
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

I'm adding an rss feed to my weddings hubs to my other weddings hubs.

No matter whether i select best hot or recent, the feed only shows ONE hub (wedding photography) no matter what I do.  It even shows it on the rss feed for that hub iteslf!  Is there a problem with this and can someone please investigate for me?  It seems to work fine on other hubs groups (at least the ones I've tried)

2. Fawntia profile image
    Fawntiaposted 7 years ago

The RSS feed that you are using is a tag feed. It is showing all of your hubs that are tagged "weddings" (and not the hubs in your wedddings group). Unfortunately, I don't think there is an RSS feed for groups at this point. So, if you want more of your wedding hubs to appear in that RSS feed, you need to make sure that they are tagged "weddings."

3. Julie-Ann Amos profile image50
    Julie-Ann Amosposted 7 years ago

How very remiss of them!  So no point in me spending all that time working on groups really...  sigh

4. johnr54 profile image69
    johnr54posted 7 years ago

Groups are good because you still get 1 or 2 links per page from them, but the tag RSS is the way to go for linking more than one hub.

5. fritteritter profile image93
    fritteritterposted 7 years ago

You might be interested in a hub I posted recently with information that shows how to do what you want. You can actually take your Hot, Latest, and Best feeds and filter them by topic to include only your wedding hubs. You might also get better results by playing with the options on the advanced search (by including optional keywords).

Good luck! I started here recently so I have been including one characteristic tag in each hub based on its group so that I can pull in all related hubs on a single keyword. It's silly that they don't do RSS by group but you can work around it, I hope my hub helps!

Oh and don't give up on groups... they still help your readers (and ranking) by giving links to your related work.