jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Yahoo loves me but Google doesn't? Google loves me but Yahoo doesn't?

1. illminatus profile image87
    illminatusposted 7 years ago

I have hubs that appear on the first page within Yahoo but not Google and vice versa... Google but not Yahoo. It's obivious that these sites are mutually exclusive. Does anyone have success with being indexed (First Page) with both of these at the same time?

2. Kudlit profile image50
    Kudlitposted 7 years ago

They use very different algorithms. With Yahoo, The URL, title tags, and other on site stuff weigh much.

Google has a more complex algorithm that takes into account over 200 variables including back links.

But yes, it is possible to be number one across Yahoo, Google and other search engines.

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

It is very, very difficult to get sometime to be #1 on all search engines. There are so many out, not only that over time they change. So when you get something that's #1 on Google and #1 on yahoo and your working on getting #1 on Ask, well the others will drop by then. Content needs to come out ready to be on all of them. Some searches, even block sites like Hubpages to keep real websites on top. (aka: www.rosearragements.co.uk over a Hubpage about rose arrangements).

(not a real site, used for explanation, not for promotion.)

4. Zeta Sfico profile image60
    Zeta Sficoposted 7 years ago

it's normal for my hub -> good serp in yahoo, bad in google and vice versa. but for my blog, both is good for SERP. google is harder to tackle. so, if your hub constantly got top 10 of google SERP for at least a month without backlink, then you can say "i'm ghost".

5. embitca profile image82
    embitcaposted 7 years ago

When I first joined Hubpages it seemed like I didn't get any traffic from Yahoo for a long time. But nowadays, it seems like Google and Yahoo will trade off. Google will love a hub and Yahoo will hate it, or vice versa. I just count myself lucky when I nail topic and keywords well enough that one of my hubs rises to the top of any of the major search engines.