jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (15 posts)

A couple of suggestions about fan mail

1. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

If it is possible, I would like to see two features added to the fan mail.

First, I want to be able to edit the fan mail I left. There were a handful of cases when I accidentally hit the post button before the text was completed. Or even worse, when I pasted something alsolutely unrelated into a fan mail by mistake and hit the button. No wonder such fan mail did not get approved… While it happened long ago, I still feel ashamed of my appearance, and I would like to fix this. Of course if fan mail has been already approved before editing, it should go through approval cycle once more after editing...

Second, I want to see all the fan mail I left in the list of my fan clubs. I admire quite a few people on Hubpages, and going through every single account to check and possibly fix my fan mail is going to be quite a challenge. Having such an info listed in one place will simplify the task dramatically. This one is a secondary though, if I have to go through every single account – I will. I just thought it will be a nice feature to have...

Thanks, Misha

2. Isabella Snow profile image89
    Isabella Snowposted 9 years ago

I was thinking that the other day - I'd like to be able to update my fanmail too!

3. waynet profile image49
    waynetposted 9 years ago

Yes this comes in quite handy when you post something, when you have been drinking in the pub and return to your computer and post something half drunkered!!

I have done this many a time and I look back at the fan mail in sobering disgust...I just wish I'd wrote something even more outrageous!!!

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 9 years ago in reply to this

You shouldn't drink and hub! smile

4. Isabella Snow profile image89

Don't let Wayne edit his fanmail! I like the sauce comment he left for me. wink

5. Apae profile image51
    Apaeposted 9 years ago

Oh now I must see that comment! Which hub? ^_^

6. Isabella Snow profile image89

Its fanmail, not a hub.

1. Apae profile image51
      Apaeposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Haha okay =]

7. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

Misha, I once quit the fanclub and rejoined, just to edit my fanmail!

8. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

That's an idea Kenny, thanks smile

Well, not exactly my case - looking at the standard red message I can't really tell if my fan mail just has not been approved yet for any legitimate reason, or it will never get approved cause I posted garbage and insulted the person I intended to please...

9. Kenny Wordsmith profile image82
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 9 years ago

lol! You must be quite good at it, then! smile

10. Paraglider profile image90
    Paragliderposted 9 years ago

Wayne -
    I am developing a USB breathalyser. It is only programmable when no alcohol is detected, and among the selectable options are -
    disable wifi if alcohol reading is positive
    pretend to send email, but instead save in drafts folder
    trigger pop-up saying 'YOU'RE DRUNK - STOP NOW'

When it's ready, can I put you down for beta testing?

- P

1. waynet profile image49
      waynetposted 9 years ago in reply to this

Sure I'd be happy to beta test such software!!

Not drunk now, but I will be in a few days...!

11. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 9 years ago

We'll see what we can do about this.  But in the mean time, if you quit and then rejoin a fan club your original fan mail will disappear into the ether, allowing you to leave a new message.

12. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 9 years ago

Thanks Paul.

For several reasons I want to avoid quitting and re-joining, so I'm eagerly (but patiently) waiting for the results of your asessment smile

working