Would you marry a hubber?

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (76 posts)
  1. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

What would your hubscore requirement be?

1. profile image0
      wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wrote this when the post above me was:
      Would you marry a prostitute?

Felt compelled somehow.  smile

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hubber or prostitute? hmmmm, think I'll stick with the prostitute. smile

2. RooBee profile image82
        RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought that's what inspired this...hmm...which one is more deplorable (hubber or hooker)? Which one has a shot at redemption and which one is a hopeless case? Do we want to know the answers? lol

1. profile image0

Potentially there is some cross-over between the two?

1. Laughing Mom profile image60
            Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Potentially.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image71
          Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does this make me the pimp or the po-po?

3. Rotem profile image60
        Rotemposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If the hubber is a prostitute it will be great. smile

2. TrinaLynne profile image70
      TrinaLynneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well hubbers are people so...........I don't think the score would matter if they are a smart and intellectual person. But above 50 would be nice lol ;-)

2. kblover profile image85
    kbloverposted 14 years ago

Why not, hubbers are people too smile

What score? Hmm...I guess anything over 60?

I suppose size really does matter.....

1. kblover profile image85
        kbloverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

*shrug*

I guess...though you can almost trip and fall on a 60, no?

I mean, some measure of getting to know the person is required and here that's partly through their writing/posting, and that's going to drive up the score - so I don't think 60 is size mattering.

Now, if I said 90+, now that would be different, imo.

1. bcook profile image59
          bcookposted 14 years agoin reply to this

- ah said as a 90+... I would say 85 or up.. dream big lol

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Marry a hubber?
    Going by the avatar, some hubbers are frogs, cats, dogs etc.

1. KCC Big Country profile image85
      KCC Big Countryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget clapping monkeys!

Lookin' for a man, KCC?

2. andromida profile image56
        andromidaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you mean you already have ideas about clapping monkeys
        being married to hubbers.

4. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 14 years ago

What a complicated question.smile

5. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Well, if they were a recovering hubber going to HA meetings, and sincere in their repentance-- but then it's really hard to tell.
    You might have to take into consideration their hubscore and their variance in score, their word counts, their frequency of posting and their adsense earnings.

I'm sure there are other considerations. Are they in Hubmobs, do they do challenges? Do they FINISH challenges?

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 14 years ago

Savin meself for James Bond, smile sigh

7. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

Haven't come across one that is 'marriage material.'  lol.  But then I don't necessarily believe in 'marriage material,' either. 

Prostitutes?  Hmmmmmmm.

8. RKHenry profile image62
    RKHenryposted 14 years ago

I'd take Lita's score of 92, but already asked Blondepoet to marry  me at least once that I can think of.

1. blondepoet profile image68
      blondepoetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I told him sure why not as long as I see him naked first,....I got to see what I got to work with ROFL.

9. profile image60
    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years ago

It is obvious that there are many intelligent, creative hubbers with great imagination and a few, going by their pictures, great other assets as well.  If what they write represents the person accurately, and the photo represents what they look like, there are several that I would seriously consider. smile

10. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Are we Human or are we hubbers?

11. profile image60

Potentially size matters?

I guess that would work too, but there'd have to be some very substantial redeeming qualities.

12. profile image60

So what size do you prefer?

That's a dangerous question.

13. gamergirl profile image85
    gamergirlposted 14 years ago

I married a hubber!

See?

1. profile image0

He's a 71, you're a 92.  Does that make you a GILF?  smile

14. profile image60

Only if you don't want to know the end result. smile

Okay, now I'm blushing.

15. R. Blue profile image61
    R. Blueposted 14 years ago

Only if she were extremely attractive and sexy and could afford to support me like I need to be supported.

I really want to make a comment about this, but it's better to keep it to myself.

1. R. Blue profile image61
        R. Blueposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LM...I was just yanking your chain......but it's a terrible woman that won't support a man don't you think???

Depends on the kind of support you're needin', R. They sell a special piece of equipment for support at the sports store. You might not even need a woman.

16. Haunty profile image74
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

I'd marry Not Telling.

1. profile image0

I'm telling.

2. Not Telling profile image60
      Not Tellingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Somebody told.  I like to taste the milk before I buy the cow, however.  Wait, that doesn't sound quite right...

17. Rochelle Frank profile image92
    Rochelle Frankposted 14 years ago

Is it funny that the penguin and the pen nib look like reflections of one another when they are placed as they are above?
    I need some sleep.

1. profile image0

Rochelle needs a nappy...

2. Haunty profile image74
      Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What a coincidence.

18. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

yes if he was rich handsome, and lives in a warmer climate

19. homes88m profile image61
    homes88mposted 14 years ago

i would i guess, but i don't know anyone else that hibs so that probably won't come up, im new to the site ive only been at it three days, please check out my stuff

20. profile image0
    J-Maeposted 14 years ago

LOL.. I love the forums.
    Marry a hubber?
    Probally not. I am married..he is a gamer....I'm a 'hubber'.
    smile

21. Ladybird33 profile image66
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

Heck no, I am sitting here on the computer in bed typing to you guys...

22. rancidTaste profile image62
    rancidTasteposted 14 years ago

"Marry a hubber..."  lol

i know the hubber name and avatar......
    but i don't know the hubber personally...
    so, how to marry a hubber......................??

I see, there needs a forum in hubpages,..... to advertise the hubbers where anyone can find the match hubbers of his or her life.

Or anyone send open invitation to marry ....  etc....

lol
    big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

23. profile image0
    mypirateposted 14 years ago

I would marry one hubber and only one hubber, but gee I guess I couldn't marry more than one anyway could I. Let's see, he's very sexy, totally hilarious, makes everyone laugh including me and he knows who he is, right badco, oops I just told everyone who it is I'd marry. Yep, this one hubber I would deff marry maties. Problem is, he is a whole ocean away!!!

24. vkent7441 profile image62
    vkent7441posted 14 years ago

Why not just make a hubbers personals?
    I don't know anyone here enough to say, and since I'm already married... I guess my answers irrelevant, lol.
    If I wasnt already taken, I might marry a hubber seeing as how it might be easier to see if there's anything in common with the other person.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not just GO to the personals?

25. Nanny J.O.A.T. profile image68
    Nanny J.O.A.T.posted 14 years ago

Marry a hubber....

Not without a thorough checking into! !!!
    The way the avatars change around here - I'd be pretty leery of anyone's claims!

You know who you are guys!!!! LOL

26. andromida profile image56
    andromidaposted 14 years ago

Nothing is impossible.

27. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

I might would marry Hairy A.S.S. were I a single lady. He is quite the man in these parts. Problem is I am a married man and not gay. But he is a sexy dude from OZ. goldentoad is another one that is sexy, right ladies?

1. Jewels profile image81
      Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That Hairy A.S.S. guy could do with a bit of art and culcha don't you think. I guess he would appeal to some! And GT - he is sexy, but he's married isn't he?

2. blondepoet profile image68

Yea hairyass is a prospect but I would have to give him some speech and drama lessons first....

28. profile image0

I thought you were gay, now where did I get that from...

1. profile image0
      ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ROFLMAO Now Brenda how could you ever get the impression that I am gay? hahaha I am shocked!

29. accofranco profile image79
    accofrancoposted 14 years ago

Nice question. There are too many marriage materials here on hp, it's just a matter of knowing who they are in person and not just by hubbing perspective either. Avatars matters too, for instance,i am using a cousin's pic with her muslim friend as my avatar,just kinda fond of her. This topic is nice,please guys don't mess it, be real!

30. blondepoet profile image68
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

Oh yea there are a few here I would not mind marrying myself,sure, we would be able to have romantic Friday nights in bed, in our birthday suits, with a lap top, writing hubs together, right on.

31. profile image50
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Some nice men on here, as my old Gran used to say " If ya can't get a girl get a nice clean man " , weird old bird my Gran, glad I didn't inherit her genes, did end up with my Grandads jeans though, we were a poor but happy wee family, sorta Irish version of the Waltons smile

1. accofranco profile image79
      accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are good to go Badco. Permit me to make a short list:Damescribe, CountryW,AE,DarkS,Shailini,BlondeP,pattyingl,ralwus,philipo,Lawretta,Mark Knowles(but you must be prepared to be an astrologist,scientist and a die hard too), though most are married but they can adopt the African system (i mean polyg...). Many hubbers are good to go, go..! go..! go..!

Accofranco do you pick up your jocks off the bathroom floor ? If you answer yes, I am right to go. ROFL
        P.s The only thing that is a bit of a worry is ralwus is on your list, and a few other men, wow you kinky thing.

2. accofranco profile image79
      accofrancoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You are good to go Badco. Permit me to make a short list:Damescribe, CountryW,AE,DarkS,Shailini,BlondeP,pattyingl,ralwus,philipo,Lawretta,Mark Knowles(but you must be prepared to be an astrologist,scientist and a die hard too), though most are married but they can adopt the African system (i mean polyg...). Many hubbers are good to go, go..! go..! go..!

1. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Acco I would gladly accept the African way were it not for the fact that one spouse is enough for any one to contend with. LOL

32. profile image0

are you absolutely sure you did not inherit your grans genes????

1. profile image50
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Watta u think smile

33. solarcaptain profile image60
    solarcaptainposted 14 years ago

I'm not sure where you are going with this. I thought this was supposerd to be serious dialogue, now I find it is Bushspeak.  Will someone please explaine to me what I am doing here?  How did I get here?  Yes, I will marry a grubber. Uh, what it is? great line sir. merry a hubber.

Just what I need.  Ok, I'm going to go go for the hub-Reply to Wouldbis-maximus-dios 30. that's cien hups en trienta dias..
    cien hubs?!

hacer esto uno caha por a llebar.
    That's one hub to go? Where do I write it, here or there?

Reply to Would you marry a hubber? <http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/post/15291>

34. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

Does it count if you are married BEFORE you became hubbers? smile

1. profile image0

Absolutely not.  No, no, no.  Don't EVEN try to slip that one in here. That's another post:  How has hubbing affected your marriage? 

Here I'm addressing a whole different animal.

35. soni2006 profile image77
    soni2006posted 14 years ago

I am married and does not have any plans for remarriage but if the hubber is a beautiful one who is unique, then.........

36. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

I'd have to ask my wife first.

I am sure she will say yes lol

37. profile image0

I'm sure she would say no..... ah well never mind

38. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Now if I were a single man, ahem, I would move to OZ and suck BP's toes and she would be mine. I might do other unmentionables to get her to marry me.

Oooooo Ralwus yea the toe sucking might do the trick alright...I find those two long teeth of yours rather kinky hahah

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)