jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Google Adsense Ad to Block Question

1. girly_girl09 profile image76
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Does anyone know the web address of the ad "Obama Wants Moms to Go Back to School?" I'd like to block it as it keeps showing up for no targeted reason. It is a flash ad so I can't find the address via right-clicking.

2. Zeta Sfico profile image61
    Zeta Sficoposted 7 years ago
  3. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

You will not be able to block any ads so long as you are writing on Hubpages.  You are only able to block ads on websites where you have webmaster capabilities, which allow you to cut and paste the adsense code.

4. Zeta Sfico profile image61
    Zeta Sficoposted 7 years ago

i think girly girl want to filtering certain ads to not appear when people open her hubs and the impression is on her adsense ID. correct me if i'm wrong.

p/s: but she has no power to filter any ads that appear when that impression is on hubpages' adsense ID.

i'm in her situation before, and yes. all ads that i don't like already filtered.

5. girly_girl09 profile image76

Thanks for the responses, I should clarify that I want to block it on my adsense competitive ad filter.

I know how to block ads with google adsense, but I can't find out the address for this particular ad because it is a flash file and I can't right-click on it.

Any ideas??

6. livewithrichard profile image82
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Which hub is it on?  Maybe I can click on the ad and give you the address it takes me to.

7. girly_girl09 profile image76

I've been seeing it a lot on my profile and other hubs of mine. I can't remember which hubs exactly - maybe on my hubs with the keyword kids and children. I don't want to keep refreshing my pages to find it lol but I'll be on the look out for it.

8. livewithrichard profile image82
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I couldn't find it on your hubs so I did a search for the ad on Google and I found this:  http://degrees.classesusa.com/schools/23003-page1.cusa

Seems like you're not the only one out there not wanting this ad. I also found out that Obama's name sells... There are tons of adverts telling us what Obama likes and wants so we should like and want it too...lol

I'd put that link in your filter and see if it helps.

9. girly_girl09 profile image76

thanks so much! I did a search for it earlier with the word obama and the name of the ad in parentheses and couldn't find it!

thanks again!

10. SweetiePie profile image84
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

If it is on your hubs you will not be able to block specific ads.  Maybe someone from the staff can elaborate, but from what I have heard you cannot block specific ads on Hubpages.

11. girly_girl09 profile image76

You can if you enter the address into the competitive ad filter under your adsense settings.

However, this will only work for your 60% share of adsense impressions. The ad will still be displayed for HubPages' 40% share. At least 60% is better than nothing. smile

12. JonTutor profile image59
    JonTutorposted 7 years ago

What is going on here? How do I make money from google? Please help.

working