jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Attack of the giant ads

1. Moonmaiden profile image82
    Moonmaidenposted 9 years ago

After the Hubpages makeover, the ads were miniscule. Now ba-boom, they are overly prominent. For the first time ever I had to change my ads to a medium setting on my newest hub. If I have to go back through every hub and do a reset, it's going to be time consuming.

2. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

The ad placements have become more aggressive to help authors earn more money.  The new ad placement technology works to find combinations of ads that result in the highest yields.  The increase in revenue can be significant.

Thank you for the feedback.  One of our major goals is to help authors earn money, at the same time create great looking pages.  At times, this is a bit of a balancing act.  Your feedback is critical to the longterm succes.  Thanks again.

3. Moonmaiden profile image82

I want to earn money too. What I don't want is for my article title to have confusing ads before you get to my text. Take this hub for example: http://hubpages.com/hub/Griffith_Park_Brush_Fire See the ad under my title and before my article? I have no problem with ads below or to the side, but if people can't see the flow of the writing, they'll just click off the page and go somewhere else. And then there is another jarring ad in color before the photo. Since this is a serious topic, it seems odd to have a dog food ad, doesn't it?

4. Paul Edmondson profile image
    Paul Edmondsonposted 9 years ago

Sometimes it takes Google a bit to match the ads contextually.  They look good now.  I've sent a request in to google to take a look at the matching since it does seem off more than we would like.

5. Moonmaiden profile image82

Thanks Paul!

working