jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Hubs about musicians never get many hits here for me

1. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

Just wondering what other hubbers who post about singers and musicians find their traffic is like when you have posted hubs about singers, songwriters and bands?

The reason I ask is that as a singer-songwriter myself I know the value of promotion for acts trying to get anywhere in the crazy music biz and so from time to time I am doing hubs about acts I like in the hopes of finding them some more fans, and building a hub section in my groups for singers and music.

It is interesting to see where my traffic does come from. You might think it would be a good idea to advertise musical hubs at somewhere like Myspace but in fact that is a terrible place for blogging about singers and bands. I think this is because everybody on there is already overloaded with Myspace ads for singers and bands and friend requests and mail from such people. Facebook is slightly better I find.

2. Tamarii2 profile image60
    Tamarii2posted 7 years ago

JUST MAYBE THAT'S THE ASSIGNMENT THAT GOD GAVE YOU TO DO.SOMETIMES GOD WANTS US TO BRANCH OUT AND START THINGS.JUST WHEN WE KEEP LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO START SOMETHING .I PLAY THE FLUTE AT CHURCH .ENJOYING THE JOURNEY.PEACE.

3. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hey Bard of Ely, smile are you setting up links in appropriate forums or directories? also, remember that rule, 'what's in it for me'. If that is getting addressed then there might be a improvement in hits. hmm jus a thought n hope it helps.

4. Bard of Ely profile image89
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

Thank you for your posts, Tamarii2 and Dame Scribe!

Dame Scribe, I haven't set up links in directories and have never done so for anything, so no, I am not doing that and I don't bother posting in music forums because of the same reason I gave for not getting much joy from Myspace - people who post on these music forums are mainly concerned with promoting their own stuff just like Myspace acts do and in my opinion is generally a waste of time. However, you may well be right that I should find out how to use directories so appreciate that suggestion! I will look into it.

5. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

Wonder what god has in mind for me......... going to look at your hubs now, I love lots of different kinds of music,,,,,

1. Bard of Ely profile image89
      Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you, Brenda!

working