jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Rub a dub dub, please critique my Hub

1. Captain Dad profile image61
    Captain Dadposted 7 years ago

Just posted a handful of hubs and I'm just wondering how I can improve them.

Also posting this as a way to shamelessly beg/plea for fans.

Thank you,
    Paul

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hi CD, welcome to HubPages. smile I think your Hubs are well written. All you need to do is add some photos and videos and other interactive entertaining capsules wink good job!

3. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Well, your hubs surely have some great potential in the writing you put. Sadly, they will do poorly due to the lack of images and video. Not only that, without any rss feeds or some amazon advertising or anything, the hubs will stay 100% static unless you change them yourself, a big no no for Google search engine which LOVES pages that update.

~thranax~

4. brad4l profile image82
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

I agree with thranax that content wise your hubs look fine.

However, I think you might be able to work on your formatting some. For example on your 5 Joke Hub, you could give each joke its own text capsule, with the title of the joke(Just make sure to not give it away wink ). This would help add some definition to your hub and make it a whole lot easier to read as well.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I would not say it's sorely lacking nor will do poorly tongue the writing and informaion is great smile afterall, we are here to provide suggestions for improvement not discouragement tongue hmm you are off to a great start CD big_smile

6. Captain Dad profile image61
    Captain Dadposted 7 years ago

Brad4l, Thranax

Thank you for the great suggestions and guidance.  They are much appreciated and I will try to implement them.

Dame Scribe,

Thank you for the kind words and encouragement.  Looking forward to being a part of HubPages.

working