jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

photos and videos in hubs...

1. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 7 years ago

Hey there all!

I am wondering how important it really is to have photos and videos on my hubs.  Will it get me more traffic from google?  Why does it increase traffic?  And also, where would I get photos from?  The other thing is, my computer is from the mesozoic era, it completely crashes if I try to view video, so how could I get videos on my hubpages without doing extreme damage to my computer?  I know these are a lot of questions.  I'm fairly new here, and would like to learn more from all of you seasoned hubbers out there.  Thanks for any info, or critique you can give me on my hubs.

A bientot!

2. carpesomediem profile image61
    carpesomediemposted 7 years ago

I always utilize at least a picture and a video for all my hubs.  For me, it comes down to what looks visually good when a reader visits my hub.  If it's just straight text, to me, that's boring and I can see how it's boring for a reader.  If the reader comes, sees a straight block of text and leaves, this means they don't click on AdSense, Amazon or eBay links, and you lose out on potential revenue.  The more you engage you reader, the more likely they are not only to click those links but bookmark you and come back to read when you publish more hubs.

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Using a video that complements the topic can add value to the reader.

In my weight training series I have specifically selected videos that illustrates what's being described. In this one RooBee commented 40 minutes ago (I published the lens less than two hours) how the visuals help her.

So if you can, do so. Depending on what subject you're about and the availability of a suitable video.

4. megs78 profile image60
    megs78posted 7 years ago

thanks a lot darkside and carpesomdiem!  appreciate the info.  we'll be talking again soon, I'm sure!  smile

5. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 7 years ago

I agree, videos and pictures add value and keeps the viewer on your hub longer.

6. Pennie Packard profile image78
    Pennie Packardposted 7 years ago

Is there some way to get pictures on the left of the text? I can put Amazon ads on the left but I can't seem to get the photo capsule to work on the left. Thanks!

7. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 7 years ago

I think photos are in the right position or the center.

1. Pennie Packard profile image78
      Pennie Packardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I decided to "read the instructions" as it were and looked at the hubmaking guides and I think you're right. The Amazon and Ebay capsules can go either way but apparently the photo hubs only fit on the right or cover the whole column.

8. onthewriteside profile image73
    onthewritesideposted 7 years ago

i know how to add a picture to a hub, but how do i add one to a forum post?  i saw a help topic on it saying to use an image tag, but what if i want to use a photo from my computer?  i guess i have to upload it somewhere?

9. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

When you are writing a reply, you will see "formatting tips" just under the writing box. The code for photo insertion is there.

10. ysdata profile image58
    ysdataposted 7 years ago

In the forums the picture must be uploaded somewhere else on the net.  If it is here in the code [img]http://domain/image.gif[/img}