jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Baa baa rainbow sheep

1. skydiver profile image78
    skydiverposted 7 years ago

Anyone else heard of this political correctness gone mad?
    I already know the UK is ridiculous when it comes to polically correctness/nanny state antics. But since when did anyone find offence with Baa baa 'black' sheep? Its a nursery rhyme about a black sheep, and just what exactly is a rainbow sheep anyway?!

1. RJSkains profile image59
      RJSkainsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is hilarious! Does anyone have a link?

2. fierycj profile image86
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I know of a rainbow antelope...but its an old myth in my country. Lol.

2. Capable Woman profile image81
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

Wait a minute...I know you're kidding.

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I think they look at the lyrics so in-depth that they changed the subject from "An African American Sheep" to a "Flamer Sheep", encouraging young ones that homosexuality is ok leading to a more accepting, less abusive future... 

4. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

tell me this is a joke right

5. skydiver profile image78
    skydiverposted 7 years ago

For around 6 months I thought my Fiance was joking, then it was brought up in conversation again last night so I googled it:
    http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life … 738220.ece

It's not a joke!

6. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Can we do something about Miss Muffet?  She's creating the impression that girls and women will eat curds and whey and run away from spiders.  Could we also straighten out the fact that one cannot buy hot cross buns at "one a penny".  Most important, could we change "cow jumped over the moon" to "pig jumped over the moon" - because we all know that pigs fly and cows don't (except, of course, during a tornado - in which case they aren't technically flying but, instead, being flung).  The inaccuracy and inappropriateness of these nursery rhymes is an outrage, I tell you - an outrage!!   mad