jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Work-Life Balance .. is this achievable?

1. choiceessentials profile image60
    choiceessentialsposted 7 years ago

Believe everyone knows and wishes to strike a work-life balance.

How determined are we to achieve that?

What do we need to do to achieve it?

Whate benefits do we get if we achieve it?

Your views??

2. PaulaShaftoe profile image60
    PaulaShaftoeposted 7 years ago

It is a moving target. What is a good balance for you today won't be good for you tomorrow. It is like flying an airplane, you are always course correcting.

The key thing is to pull yourself out of your day to day routine and think about what is important to you, what makes you happy and what you should stop doing because it doesn't make you happy.

The benefit is that you enjoy your days, don't get overwhelmed with life's little challenges and you are generally happy.

3. C.Ferreira profile image81
    C.Ferreiraposted 7 years ago

As long as you are working to live and not living to work, a healthy balance can be struck.

When people begin living their lives based on nothing but their jobs, it turns them into zombies and they get so lost in the rat race that they forget to enjoy everything around them.

I for one, will never allow myself to get sucked into a job that takes away my actual reason for being alive.

4. Lisa HW profile image84
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

C.Ferreira, I agree with what you've said; but another angle on it is that some people do live for the work they do.  I'm not sure that's a bad thing if the work they do is important work, or if it's the type of work they really love and are driven to do.  I mean the Albert Einstein kind of work and drive.

I, of course, have never done such important work; so it's kind of pathetic that I haven't had a vacation in a very long time.    smile

5. Ladybird33 profile image73
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

Yes, you can do it!
    Day by Day work through what you need to accomplish
    Make a list that you need to get done and do it
    Believe me, it's worth it
    Organization is key