jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

what the????

1. mtd profile image61
    mtdposted 7 years ago

This is my first time working with hub and it's not going to well...

I wrote a whole article in the the text...
    Added a picture...
    I went to change something in the text and it showed my text as empty! Where did it go? If it's gone, I'm gone!!!!

You're probably gonna suggest that I write the articles in another program and paste them in. I guess, if I continue, I'll do that. But that was ridiculous. I absolutely HATE losing things I write!!!

I thought the draft was saved as you go? Where is it saved to? Can I retrieve it? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

2. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

That happened to me the first hub I wrote, no idea why, but I'm pretty sure if it's gone it's gone. 

Now I write in word and copy and paste it in.

3. Dame Scribe profile image59
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

If you didn't exit and had hit *save* then your text should still be there. Go into the *my account*. Top of the page there and go to statistics. You should find it there and click. hmm not really sure what you did but yes, if it isn't saved, its lost.

4. HealthCare Basics profile image81
    HealthCare Basicsposted 7 years ago

Never had that happen to me so far, but VooDoo answered a question I had regarding Word. All of my articles were written directly into hubpages. Now I want to update certain articles with information but hubpages doesn't seem to let you copy and paste the capsules..... smile I might be doing something wrong.

5. Lady_E profile image82
    Lady_Eposted 7 years ago

I find it easier to type it in Microsoft Word and Just paste it into the Text Box when I'm ready to Publish it. That way, if it disappears, I have my own copy.

6. Maddie Ruud profile image81
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

If you edit the text capsule, you should see at the bottom left-hand corner a blue link that says "recover draft."  You can then view the autosaves and pick the one that you want.

Be sure the "Don't display this capsule" box is unchecked before you hit save or publish.

7. mtd profile image61
    mtdposted 7 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Maddie was right... I didn't know what to do so rewrote the article- probably a better version anyway- and when I went to make the hub again, it said that the hub address was already in use. I so I went to the address and there it was. The text box was still empty, but like Maddie said, there was a little link on the bottom of the box that said "recover draft". So no worries. I went ahead and published with the new and improved article. Thanks guys!