jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Duplicate content that is mine

1. Terri Paajanen profile image82
    Terri Paajanenposted 7 years ago

I have another website that I plan on taking down, and am moving my articles from there to HubPages. Needless to say, they are getting flagged as duplicates. The articles are 100% mine, just to be clear.

I went to the original site and deleted those articles. What else can I do? Will the duplicate flag come off by itself over time? Should I contact someone so that my account doesn't get flagged or banned?

I have moved 2 articles so far, but have at least a dozen more to do so this could be a problem if I keep getting duplicate flags. I am worried that I will be penalized without getting a chance to explain myself.

Any ideas?

1. relache profile image89
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

1) that's about all you can do
      2) the next time the HubPages system updates checking for duplicates, the flags on stuff you've deleted should clear
      3) if you don't mind the slight lowering of HubScore that you get for posting duplicate content, no one else sees those warnings but you and you aren't doing anything "bad" or "wrong."

http://hubpages.com/faq/#duplicate_content

Terri Paajanenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's what I thought, but I read other posts that said any duplicate content with "outbound links" could be trouble.

My articles don't have any affiliate links, but they do link offsite. Usually because I am talking about other websites, so I include their links. 

Thanks for your input. I am just worried that suddenly having 15 to 20 duplicates all at once will get me in trouble or set off alarms somewhere. Do you have any idea how often the system re-checks for dupes?

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

I cleared the duplicate warning on those two hubs.  If you take the pages down on the old site  before you publish the hubs on HubPages, you won't run into any more problems.

Terri Paajanenposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was just coming to update my post with that  smile  I am copying the material to a new hub, then deleting the original before I publish it. As you say, it works fine. Thanks for the notice, and thanks for clearing my first two flags.

working