jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Placing banner ads for other affiliate programs?

1. dipless profile image87
    diplessposted 8 years ago

Hi,

I am part of some other affiliate programs and some of the hubs I am planning to write, don't really fall into the amazon/ebay catagory, my question is can i place banner ads, or another form of affiliate advertising on my hubs, due to the tag restrictions in the html editor?

Thanks in advance

dipless

1. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Im glad you asked this question. I have searched for a satisfactory answer

2. relache profile image85
    relacheposted 8 years ago

You'll find that HubPages has been pretty much engineered so that you can't run the conventional linked ad banner.

1. viryabo profile image87
      viryaboposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you. I think you have answered my question
      I have banners and photo links i need to promote on my pages. I tried so hard, no show. So i kind of work around it using the links capsules and photos. but i still hope HubPages will do something about this.

1. relache profile image85
        relacheposted 8 years ago in reply to this
  3. charlemont profile image81
    charlemontposted 8 years ago

You can use Link capsule to display affiliate URLs, or simply insert them right into text.

4. dipless profile image87

Thats great thanks smile

5. dipless profile image87

I totally  agree you want to stop spammers, just so we are clear I am definatly not here to spam, you can see that the hubs I have done so far are very intrest related and not overly promotional.

It was more a question for if I do an hub on a service which amazon/ebay don't specialize in, and i would like to offer my readers a place to look if required

working