jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

url questions

1. mtd profile image60
    mtdposted 7 years ago

can you change the url of an existing hub? If so, how do yo do it?

2. Misha profile image76
    Mishaposted 7 years ago

No, you can't.

3. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

I think (cuz I asked this once ) you cant change the URL but you can change the title of your hub

4. mtd profile image60
    mtdposted 7 years ago

okay, thanks...

5. HealthCare Basics profile image82
    HealthCare Basicsposted 7 years ago

I found that out too when I updated an existing article. The same URL remained but the title could be changed........

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

I need help (again) adding a 'join hubpages' thingy , you know so when they click on it to sign up I will get some kind of credit..

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You mean a URL tracker?

7. nicomp profile image61
    nicompposted 7 years ago

You can rename the hub, but the URL remains the same. Another cool thing you can do is click on the link to share your hub on Twitter and watch as the Hub server composes a nice terse URL for you that is postable on Twitter without being convoluted through TinyURL.com or some other URL compacting service. This 'new' URL has no semantic value but it's easy to copy and paste when you are self-promoting. It also solves a problem with backlinks because a backlink that goes through TinyURL is almost worthless anyway.

1. HealthCare Basics profile image82
      HealthCare Basicsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I also noted the change of the URL when you use Twitter. Thought there was a problem until I clicked using the Twitter URL and my article came right up. smile

8. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Our HP team is fabulous wink cheers to our team! big_smile

working