Best hangover remedy?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (26 posts)
  1. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

Surprise, surprise, I woke up this fine Sunday morning with a hangover. I know the smartest thing was not drink at all and to drink lots of water when I'm consuming. But this forum isn't about prevention. I did it and I'll do it again. Just curious to know what my fellow hubbers do.
    I myself have some special alka seltzer tabs that have caffeine in them. The guy at the store must have thought I was a complete alky as I bought the whole shelf, but thus so far I haven't found them at other stores and don't know if this is a limited time type of product. But it works!

2. HOOWANTSTONO profile image61
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

A hangover is the same as what a person gets from aneasthetic after an operation, but to stop the dizziness and sick waves that hit you, is to eat ice cream, it stops your stomach producing bile which causes you to feel like belching all the time especially when there is no food in your stomach.
    Dont drink water you wil cause the alcohol in your liver to enter the blood again, and hence get drunk again.
    Cheers

goldentoadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I actually never heard of that one. I'm not an ice cream fan and the thought of it now, makes me kind of nauseous.

2. profile image0
      Béla Mongyiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's interesting. I hate the feeling so I snap at any suggestion. Thanks for yours.

3. Mrvoodoo profile image57
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Drinking plenty of water the day after has never made me drunk again, if it did I would probably drink a lot more of it. 

Plenty of water, juice and a large fried breakfast never fails me.

4. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Oh, poor Toady.
    Alka Seltzer is a good start.
    If you are able to face food, smother the hangover in grease. Eggs, potatoes,toast,cheese, chilis.
    Forget coffee.
    Go straight for the hair of the dog.
    Tomato beer, Bloody Mary (extra spicy), Fuzzy Navel (if you like sweet things).
    Get your system out of shock and just ease in to the rest of your day.
    It's now 11:46am. I think you should be ready for your nap about 1pm!
    Good luck, dear. MM

Can't nap today, I am solo with the savages.
      But I am a big fan of the greasy food too. I like me a good Carl's Jr. Burger to soak it all up.

1. profile image49
        badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get yer ass over to Ireland next time and we will get a nice big fry in you. That will soak it up for sure, speaking from experience doncha know smile

5. goldentoad profile image61

Sounds good, just don't put me in a Kilt!

1. profile image49
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol that's Scotland GT, jeeez do me a favour !!

my bad! Brain is still kinda fuzzy ya know!

6. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 14 years ago

Nesquick chocolate milkshake...I swear by it! Weird I know but it works for me big_smile

Another Ice cream concoction. Interesting. So far its either grease or cream.

1. Mrvoodoo profile image57
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Possible to combine the two into some kind of greasy cream concoction?

7. dipless profile image69
    diplessposted 14 years ago

@ goldentoad then by concensuss i reacon greasy cream, or creamy grease MUST be the ultimate hangover remedy...no doubt, no arguments! wink

8. goldentoad profile image61

it might be an explosive combination...if I had some Ice cream I would volunteer myself for this test.

1. profile image0
      Béla Mongyiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Pretty risky... you know what, just pass if you value your life. I was actually talking about myself. I can take the risk. But there is only one golden toad. smile

9. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

For You Mr Goldentoad... I think your answer lies back there in the desert (without your mate) In the middle of your great Hub smile

a fine senorita always helps the cause. wink

10. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 14 years ago

Take the rugrats out to Dairy Queen. They've got it all -- burgers, fries, and Blizzards.
    I have not tried this and don't know if the liquid version (readily available in drug stores) works, but Compazine/Emetrol is good stuff. I have heard tell that Compazine suppositories are da bomb (but you need to have access to some kind of healthcare practitioner to get em).
    Dealing with kids hungover. I do not envy you. But know you'll get through it! MM

I don't know where a DQ is around here. Odd aint it?
      And uh, suppository?

I'm not too bad really. My alk selzter caffeine tabs worked, I'm eating some bacon, eggs, toast now. I think I'll take them out to the park, get the blood circulating and some sunshine.

11. Ladybird33 profile image65
    Ladybird33posted 14 years ago

I am definitely going to try the ice cream thing the next hangover I have...thanks for the tip. 
    I usually go for the tomato juice or a bloody mary, It works for me but I willing to try other things.  Learn something new everyday ;0)

12. nyliram profile image59
    nyliramposted 14 years ago

I never drink, probably because I am a good child of Islam, what is it like to be drunk, sometime I think I may try a drink, then scared, so very probably never would do a thing as my family would think me a very  bad girl.I think is the hangoever worth it. No maybe not??????????????

13. Teresa McGurk profile image59
    Teresa McGurkposted 14 years ago

baconburger, fries, coke, and and icecream.  In that order.

1. Laughing Mom profile image60
      Laughing Momposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dang, Teresa!  Is that the remedy for a hangover or anorexia??

1. Teresa McGurk profile image59
        Teresa McGurkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well, 'spose it could work for both.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)