jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

Tracking Clicks To A Hub

1. 60
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

I have my google analytics set up for hubpages but only in general which shows which hub phrase is the most searched for.

Is it possible in any way to set it up  so you know which hub is generating the clicks and if so could you share how it's done as it would deff be a great help. Thanks !

2. Zeta Sfico profile image60
    Zeta Sficoposted 7 years ago

your analytic will report it automatically. in analytic, choose content on your left sidebar. then choose adsense. there you will see top content (your hub) and top referer that make money for you. btw, you need to integrate you adsense with analytic first. hope it help. good luck BC!

3. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

Hi Badcompany, There is actually a useful tool in Adsence, I am using and have used it for other websites I have worked on it is adding channels, Add each of the hubs you have to a channel, then you will be able to monitor all the adsence stats but for that specific hub

Hope this helps

4. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

When it says we should paste the code before the body tag</body>, i dont really know where that is. I cant figure out the right location.
    Okay, please tell me if im wrong.
    1, i open a text capsule in the edit mode.
    2, i click on HTML icon and a new page pops up
    3, This page has all the html code, with all the letters, <<'s, //'s and >>>'s.
    4, do i paste right at the begining, or at the end just before the </body> or just after it?
    HELP. I need to figure this out once and for all.

5. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

@viryabo, what are you trying to paste to the hub, you can't paste a lot of html, due to the tag limits HP have?

Plus the </body> will be right near the bottom of the page

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you Dipless. Been away for a couple of days.
      You answered my question about the position of the </body>.
      BTW, I was trying to paste in code from Google Analytics.

6. dwilliamson profile image62
    dwilliamsonposted 7 years ago

Badco, I find google adsense channels work the best. I use them to monitor my adsense earnings and which hubs are performing better than others. One thing though, you are only allowed 200 channels, which is probably okay for you but I'm getting to the point where I am going to have to look at an alternative method to track my adsense info because of the vast number of hubs I have as well as the other websites I am trying to keep track of as well, so I am thinking analytics may be best for me.

7. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

You should have an option in Adsense to connect it to Analytics. That's what works best for me. My channels aren't working *at all* at the moment!

8. Research Analyst profile image79
    Research Analystposted 7 years ago

You can connect to your analytics straight from adsense and channels work great too!

1. johnr54 profile image68
      johnr54posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Only if you don't already have a primary site set up.

9. Silver Rose profile image78
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

Set up URL channels in your Adsense account, one channel for each hubpage.

P.S. A while back you asked a question about getting clicks with no income next to them (at least I think it was you, could have been someone else).

Anyway I came across the answer today on Courtney Tuttle's blog. (Google the name to find the blog)

He essentially says there are the following reasons why a click would not generate any income: a) you are clicking your own ads b) a friend is clicking your ads c) they suspect something weird is going on because it is the same IP address clicking ads - quote "Once you’ve had a few clicks from an IP Google will stop counting them." or "it’s probably a person who has Adsense and clicks on their own ads all the time" and if they click your ad too, it doesn't count because they are suss.

Therefore try to get all your traffic from search engines, that way you know your readers are total strangers. And Hubbers, please don't click ads at all, you will ruin things for all of us.