jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Ad Positions

1. bloggerdollar profile image46
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

I see total irrelavant ebay ads between two text columns from time to time but I can't get any adsense ads to be displayed there.

I guess it would be perfect if we could place the adsense ads where we want, in the middle of the page or at the bottom below or above comment boxes. It will increase the click ratio for all the hubbers I guess. The ads below the comment boxes doesn't seem to work at all. I would love to see a google ad in the middle instead of an ebay dog food ad.

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I've been experimenting with my Hub construction, and have found that how you assemble the beginnings of your Hubs can have a lot to do with how the ads get structured.

Having two, two-columned rows at the top of a Hub seems to produce the most annoying ad insertion, a double vertical block that really throws off the flow of the page.

If the first row of the Hub is a double-width capsule, or the second row is, the layout becomes much nicer.

1. C.M. Vanderlinden profile image76
      C.M. Vanderlindenposted 8 years ago in reply to this

That's a great tip, Relache! I'm going to try that on the rest of  my hubs.I almost always have two columns starting my hubs, because I'll usually do an Amazon capsule next to a 1/2 width  text capsule.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

Before you spend too much time reworking your capsule arrangements, I should let you know that we are considering adding a new 'medium' ad level option that will be very similar to 'high', but won't have the ad after the first capsule.  Hopefully this will help satisfy those of you whose sense of greed is superseded by a keen aesthetic sensibility.

1. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Be sure to post an announcement! smile

My sense of greed is a firm believer that a good looking layout that makes the ads look part of the content increases click thru's.

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 8 years ago in reply to this

The medium option is now available darkside.  Let me know if it works well for you.

4. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 8 years ago

With my adjustments, I'm sometimes still having ads inserted into hubs after the first capsules, but they are a much better placement/shape.  And on some hubs, those clunky ads have just disappeared.  And I still get to keep my hubs set on "high."