jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (20 posts)

Anyone using Google Base to market articles?

1. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

I just learned the usefulness of Google Base as a marketing tool.  I found out I can advertise my article sort of like a press release and add a link to my article and a referral link to join HubPages.

Here is an example of what it looks like:
    http://base.google.com/base/a/6545871/D … 0522417490

I think its a win win for us article writers.  If I don't get any traffic generated from the advert, I at least get a backlink for my article.

http://base.google.com  is the link.  You will have to sign up for a "base" account, which only takes a couple minutes, before you publish an advert. 

Hope this info helps everyone!

1. darkside profile image80
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thank you!

2. guidebaba profile image61
      guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have been doing that since last 3 years.

livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's all new to me and I imagine to a lot of others also.  Now I have known about online press releases to do SEO marketing for websites but I'm just learning that the same can be done with marketing articles.

1. guidebaba profile image61
          guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google Base has been available under "Webmasters Tools" in Adsense for a long time. Press Release is an Old Tactics to promote website or blog.

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

O that's great smile thanks for sharing, livewithrichard

I thought it would be useful to everyone.

3. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

HubpageGuy wrote this hub: http://hubpages.com/hub/60-Free-Press-Release-Websites

It's a great resource. Posting an online press release will get at the very least a backlink to your article.

Not all of the PR sources listed charge a fee for an active hyperlink in the release, but I'm starting to register with each one and I'll post a list of the ones that allow free hyperlinks.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I would be interested in that - I have been through dozens of them and have not found a free one that allows that. So I tend to stick to using the few that are up-front about what they charge.

Hey Mark, have you tried the Google Base?  It's free and you can place hyperlinks in it.  I posted a link to one that I published on Base.  It's in the first post above.

4. 61
    MSmithHubposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the update, yet another place to get free backlinks.

5. soni2006 profile image47
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Yes, I used google base long time back to market my blogger blogs and found it very useful, but it is driving little traffic now as I do not have time to update it with new things..

6. Maverick_999 profile image71
    Maverick_999posted 7 years ago

that's a good service actually i m using it for backlinks, not getting much traffic but, something is better than nothign big_smile

7. RooBee profile image84
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

Cool! Thanks so much!!!!

8. Shalini Kagal profile image80
    Shalini Kagalposted 7 years ago

Sounds good - thanks!

9. Maverick_999 profile image71
    Maverick_999posted 7 years ago

i used it but not getting much of hits,

10. 0
    PJ_Deneenposted 7 years ago

Thank you for this info.  I post article updates on Twitter and occasionally Stumbleupon and Digg.  This looks like another great tool.

11. 0
    Duchess OBluntposted 7 years ago

Thank you!

12. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

Just be careful not to actually use the text of your hub, or any text you don't want reposted elsewhere, as the ToS give them the right to reproduce and modify any content you post.

13. jenblacksheep profile image84
    jenblacksheepposted 7 years ago

@livewithrichard - you started this 5 weeks ago, have you seen a significant rise in traffic since you signed up? Do you now think it's worth it?

working