jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

Referral tracker forTwitter

1. lyla profile image61
    lylaposted 7 years ago

Do we have to put referral tracker for Twitter as well,if so,how do we do that? Of course,I can see the traffic from Twitter because I use the Twitter button in 'share'..but, what if some one signs up via Twitter?

2. livewithrichard profile image85
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Just go to My Account - URL Trackers -create new tracker

Label it Twitter and use that tracker when you post to Twitter.
    I don't think there is any other way to know if the traffic coming from twitter signs up under you or comes to your articles.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this
      1. lyla profile image61
        lylaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks ..Mark..but when we post it in Twitter it has the tiny url..is that ok?

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The tinyurl will go to the tracker url I think. To be honest, I make so little money from the referrals I have made, I rarely bother looking.

1. lyla profile image61

Mark..I've just made 40 cents in amazon..lol..that's it till now!LOL.That's why I'm trying to cover all options as I'm reading such amazing stories about how others are making money..smile

2. lyla profile image61

Thanks..but if we post the url with tracker directly in Twitter,it has the tiny url..not hubpages..tho,the url links to your hub.Whereas if we use the Twitter button in share..it straight away updates in Twitter.

1. livewithrichard profile image85
        livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think the option to Tweet your hub after you publish it is just for our convenience.  The bookmarker buttons in share are really for other readers to share our hubs and not necessarily for the author to share. It is allowed but shouldn't be abused.

3. darkside profile image80
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Make your URL tracker as suggested (though you won't be able to name it 'twitter' because it's already gone big_smile) and then instead of pasting it straight into Twitter, it's best if you shorten it yourself. Because it'll be even longer by the you put in the tracker ID.

I use www.bit.ly and I suggest signing up for an account. The benefit of doing so is STATS! You can see how many people have actually clicked on the bit.ly link.

So what happens is someone clicks on your tweeted bit.ly link, it sends them to your HubPages Tracker/Referral link and then it resolves to your hubpage URL.

I wrote a blog post about it called Using Twitter.

1. lyla profile image61

Thanks Darkside..but,the link to your blog post is not working.BTW,thanks for all the other wonderful tips regarding trackers..I have managed to put them successfully. smile Thanks. smile

2. livewithrichard profile image85
      livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I wasn't clear enough.  I meant that you can create your own tracker token and then give it a twitter description.

I use bit.ly too sometimes but I didn't know about the stats you can get for registering.  I'll do that now.

I also ues the is.gd url shortener.  I'll check there too and see if I can register.

4. soni2006 profile image46
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Got very nice info here on twitter trackers. I was looking for something of that kind..

working