jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Relatively new and would appreciate any feedback.

1. Kidgas profile image80
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

I am not a writer, don't play one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I would like some feedback on my work thus far.  As you can see, most of my interest is investment related.  Eventually, I will branch out in other areas, but usually one hub sparks an idea or two and it just keeps snowballing.

I don't intend to make any significant money out of this.  I consider it a hobby.  It's either this or play Monopoly online (so I do some of both).  Anyway, any input is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Hi Kidgas smile welcome to HubPages. Your score is 90 which alone means you have a great Hubs. I found some a little too concise (and I like concise, lol) but are informative. Your ETF Hub...can you move the Amazon capsule to the side hmm disruption to flow of reading is annoying. Otherwise, you are doing a great job. smile keep up the good work.

3. Kidgas profile image80
    Kidgasposted 7 years ago

Thanks much, Dame Scribe, for the kind words.  As to concise, I tend to be straight forward and fact driven (love math and science).  Believe me, as concise as some are, I have had to force myself to embelish and add words.  If it takes me over about 2-3 min to read a hub I lose interest.  For me, the net is about quick data gathering.  I still read a lot of books, however, and don't mind wordiness in that setting.  Brevity is certainly a potential weakness.

Also, thanks for the input re: Amazon capsule.  I went to the edit page and figured out what those green arrows were for.  I had wondered how some people had stuff over to the side and now I know.  I learned something new today.  Thanks for teaching me.

4. Dame Scribe profile image61

You are quite welcome. smile and I can so relate to the *fact driven* to the point writing, lol. I have a hard time embellishing also but try to use  that, what,where,when,who etc, rule for bulking up a Hub wink

5. scheinandras profile image59
    scheinandrasposted 7 years ago

HIya! May I ask anyone to have a look and criticise my hub as well? I would really appreciate it. English is not my first language and I just want to make sure I'm not writing stupid things. Cheers!

6. Dame Scribe profile image61

Hi Scheinandras smile loved the artwork. They are beautiful and you have skill. I would suggest breaking your *pieces* into separate hubs and share the start to finish, technique, etc. or just the what, when, where rule of writing just to bulk up your writing smile and you can link them together afterwards. Welcome to HubPages.