jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Advertisements Dont match my Hub

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago

Do I email Google ?
    Will they change , I mean they are way off the Hub Content .
    My Hub is about soup and the adverts. are for Hot Dating Sites?

2. HealthCare Basics profile image82
    HealthCare Basicsposted 7 years ago

I had that problem too. It seemed to take a day or two before the ads matched to the content. The one I remember was a dog story I wrote and the ads were for high-heel shoes.... smile

3. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

Most ads that Hubpages adsense code will not match your content. I noticed Hubpages code works differently, because a majority of the site is India, the ads that show target people in India. I had an ad that was nothing but black background and white text saying "ARAB SINGLES". Adsense when your code is on the page will result reverent ads between 10 mins and 3 days most likely.

4. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Thankyou both , I didnt know that smile

5. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

Hey EK,

Adsense ads are often generic to start off with and then kind of settle in to whatever your topic is, this usually only takes half an hour or so though for me.

Also if nobody is advertising within your topic area again your hub will either get the closest ads or generic ads (Asian dating and high heel shoe ads seem to be common here at HP).

The only real thing you can do that I can think of to manipulate the ads that appear on your hubs is to either take a look at your keywords and make sure that you are using them enough within your hub to let Adsense know that it should be displaying ads about that topic, or play around with the competitive ad filter.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Most-Important- … -ad-filter

* Reading that hub might help or hinder you, no promises.

p.s. sorry for not getting back to you about the URL trackers, but I have come to the conclusion that I'm rubbish at them, if you're still struggling with it, you're probably better off seeking advice from one of the HP big dogs.

6. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Hi back at ya Mr V,
    Thing is,I just finished doing some awesome ( if I dont say so myself) tweeking on keywords ,title etc and traffic increased too two, red triangles!!! amazing , thought it was a glitch lol.
    No embitca helped me out heaps there,lovely person. I will have to treat her to an ice-cream when I make more than $1 ,lol.

Thank you for info re timeframe , as usual I worried prematurely ,but have jotted that site down all the same.
    No problem re 'sign up' thingy , its all good and you did teach me how to do the tracking part (copy n paste) which I definately did not know.God help anyone in Facebook who clicks on the original url I pasted 2 months ago ( Perhaps they were sent to India!) lol
    Thanks again

7. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

lol, well there are worse places than India to end up I guess, glad you got it working.

Two red triangles, blimey, well done you, been a long time since I've seen that, better go do some tweaking myself! smile