jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Building a Fan Base

1. Captain Dad profile image61
    Captain Dadposted 7 years ago

OK, so what's the best way to build a fan base on HubPages?

I try to follow the Twitter model and become fans of others, but I don't want to be obnoxious about it.  Perhaps it's too late for that anyway since I'm posting this.

Anyone?  Beuller?  Beuller?

1. AEvans profile image74
      AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Comment, get involved and read other hubs, become there fan as well. But whatever you do, do not inundate HP with fanning everyone as it is a naughty thing to do. smile

2. babedoll50 profile image61
      babedoll50posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Im not 100 percent sure but to me I feel the best way is to only add fans that you enjoy reading the stuff they are writing,  then you write good content yourself.  get involved in everything you can within HubPages and eventually the fans will start rolling in.  Thats actually one of the reasons I dont like twitter because so many people add you for the wrong reasons.

3. embitca profile image82
      embitcaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Writing great content is the best way to get fans. I really don't think it is important to hang out on the forums. I was absent from the forums for months and my fan club still continued to grow.

2. bgpappa profile image85
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

All of the above and write quality articles. 

The fanning everyone thing does not work very well in my opinion.  I won't even read anything written by someone who became my and thirty other people's fan in the last one minute.  I think other people are starting to be annoyed by it as well.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Mass fanning is a turn off for me too.  If I go to a new fan's profile and see mostly "xxxxx became the fan of" in their hubtivity, I'm outta there. Don't even give them the satisfaction of a page view on their hub(s).

3. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Stay involved on the forums.  Offer advice, seek advice, have some fun.  People will get to know your personality and if they like, become your fan.  It's not a sure shot but I think its been working for me.

4. Captain Dad profile image61
    Captain Dadposted 7 years ago

Wow, you guys are fast!

Richard,JamaGenee, BabeDoll, bgpappa, AEvans --- Thank you all.  I really appreciate the input.  I'm enjoying HubPages and want to get the most out of it.

Thanks, again

5. wychic profile image80
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Personally, I just participate on the forums, write what I know well and enjoy sharing, and read hubs I'm interested in. I haven't become the fans of many people yet, they really have to stand out to me in a way that tells me I'm going to want to read more from them. Sure, I don't get as many fans as fast as some people here, but I thoroughly enjoy checking hubtivity and get some great ideas from what my favorite authors are writing on here.