jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Judging Others

1. My Inner Jew profile image83
    My Inner Jewposted 7 years ago

So I was driving home late last night and I came across a church sign that said "You will be judged according to your judging."  It made me stop and think wow...How often do I judge people.  NOt on big issues, but little issues like how they dress and how they walk and talk.  It really convicted me.  I will be judged by others according to how i judge them...

1. TrinaLynne profile image76
      TrinaLynneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Makes you take into account the things you think and say, doesn't it. He who lives in glass houses should not throw stones.

1. My Inner Jew profile image83
        My Inner Jewposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Exactly...I judge and think more than i realize...it is like second nature and I don't want to judge anyone...I haven't been in their shoes and I don't know why they are like they are

2. 0
    Béla Mongyiposted 7 years ago

3. dipless profile image87
    diplessposted 7 years ago

sorry this is completely off topic but the church has this sign outside

"the bus probably isn't coming, why not come inside"

just made me laugh smile

But i totally agree we do judge it is human nature to judge especially during first impressions and in heated topics it's human nature we cannot help it but we shouldn't let it affect how we are with others i think that is the key treat others the way you wish to be treated no matter how you initially judge them

4. 0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

my mother in law when I used to have a gossip about folk, always told me, if you judge others, soon you will fall down on that point yourself... she was a wise woman, but I kept my judgements to myself when she was around... we all do it all the time i am sure.

5. Ladybird33 profile image71
    Ladybird33posted 7 years ago

I do judge others on small stuff, yep, I am a sinner but I am human too.  Don't sweat the small stuff, it can eat you alive.