jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

What should I sell on hubpages.com through amazon.com

1. rajkishor09 profile image64
    rajkishor09posted 7 years ago

Its been almost 3 months of joining but I am unable to make an sell on amazon.com. People click on products never buys. But my adsense is doing great and its increasing every month. Please suggest what should I need do to make good monthly income from amazon.com.

Thanks for reading me...................

1. sunstreeks profile image85
      sunstreeksposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do pretty well with Amazon, 18 sales so far this month spread out over a handful of hubs. But I also create many hubs that are product oriented.

First of all I noticed just by reading titles that not many of your hubs are the type that would generate a buying mindset. They are mostly computer how to types which should be much better for adsense.

But your Ipod Shuffle hub has some potential.. If you don't mind if I offer some advice...

If it were my hub I would push some of the pictures and videos to the right of the text.

There is a lot to get through before your traffic even gets to the amazon ads at the bottom. By that time you may have already lost your reader. Move the amazon capsules up towards the top. If the adsense ads are good and relevant, put it to the right of the second text capsule. If the adsense ads are bad, put it to the right of the first text capsule.

Limit the items to a few individually chosen shuffle options if there are different models/colors/memory capabilities

Add another amazon capsule a few text capsules down with 2 to 4 accesories for the shuffle. You may need to increase your text count for the other capsules to flow better.

A long list of items can be overstimulating causing the eyes to complete look over what is offered, I'm pretty sure this is why I've always had better luck with just a few specific items per capsule separated by text.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image93
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

We've all been discussing this somewhere else on the forums, and we've come to the conclusion that people just like to browse. That's why you'll get a lot of clicks and not many purchases.

As regards what you should link to, just try stuff that's relevant to your topics and especially go and hand-pick (or click) things and add them manually. Keyword selections don't always bring in what you want.

If your adsense is doing okay, then that's great, seeing as people only need to click on ads and not buy anything- it's easier.

3. thranax profile image60
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I sold one thing on amazon within 12 months lol.

It is VERY difficult to get people to buy anything.

4. Whitney05 profile image68
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

It depends on what you're writing about some topics generate more readers, and others generate moer clicks and sales. Write product reviews, as they tend to do pretty well, at least somewhat anyway. It will still all fall back on what products you choose. Remember to feature things that you would buy. IE don't put a $300 calculator on a review about calculators just becuase it'll earn you more than the $50 one.

There are many threads about the topic, I'd suggest doing a search in the forums for tips for selling with amazon and ebay.

5. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I find book reviews usually bring sales...well, I sold one book from a book review smile

6. viryabo profile image86
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

I sold two books in my 1st 2 months. Nada since then.
    And on Squidoo, not HP where i put in all my sweat!!!!

7. Anamika S profile image71
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

So far majority of my sales on Amazon have been books and MP3's.

8. BundleBoy profile image69
    BundleBoyposted 7 years ago

The primary income source will come only from Adsense. You will be better off trying to promote your hubs (build back links) and hence rank in Top 5 of Google,
    hence drive more traffic to your page
    hence make more Adsense money

rather than try to sell something in Amazon or Ebay. But I try to keep products on my hubs as relevant and minimal.

Thank you Uninvited Writer,viryabo,Anamika S for the advice. That's a great tip!