jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

If a soldier dies in a battle field...?

1. accofranco profile image77
    accofrancoposted 7 years ago

Where will his soul go, hell or heaven? Plus is it a sin fighting for your country as a soldier when they (your country) are fighting wrongly?

1. TrinaLynne profile image75
      TrinaLynneposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If he is fighting for the right reasons he/she is a matyr. If a person is fighting in a war that they aren't morally okay with because of duty Allah knows best.

2. ledefensetech profile image82
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

God will surely know His own.

1. Army Infantry Mom profile image62
      Army Infantry Momposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Amen to that

3. seemorebangkok profile image59
    seemorebangkokposted 7 years ago

They go to Valhalla smile I don't know if there's a heaven but if there is, I'd say it depends on the sum total of all he or she has done versus the bad and not just at the moment of death.

Which makes me think. I don't get into the silly fights about religion on hubpages, but lets say Kim Jung Il nukes the US and half of Europe and then on his death bed a priest gives him his last rites. The a**hole says "sorry my bad" and poof all's forgiven.

So he go's to heaven and he meets all the billions of people he vaporized. Is everyone else he killed suppose to say "It's okay, don't let it happen again."

1. Lisa HW profile image82
      Lisa HWposted 7 years ago in reply to this

There's where I think a lot of religions are wrong.  Some may think people can/will be forgiven; but I think - if there is a God - God would not forgive for that kind of thing.  Humans may like the idea of letting people off the hook before they die, and maybe they're worried that they, too, need to be forgiven.  I can't help but think (if there's something afterward), "Surprise!  You're not forgiven after all."

4. ledefensetech profile image82
    ledefensetechposted 7 years ago

I don't know Vallhalla is popular among soldiers, so is the cult of Mithras.  I suppose it might be a bit idiosyncratic.  Robert E. Lee for example at the pearly gates, Erwin Rommel at Vallhalla, Patton, well I'm not sure where Patton would be.  An eternal battlefield perhaps.

5. Capable Woman profile image80
    Capable Womanposted 7 years ago

Your question is offensive to all of us who currently have loved ones in harms way.