jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

Having problems attracting new fans...

1. goldentoad profile image60
    goldentoadposted 8 years ago

I think I am having problems attracting new fans. I think I am going through a new cycle of alter egos. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions would help. Gracias.

1. tksensei profile image60
      tksenseiposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just a thought: You might try swearing a little less.

goldentoadposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You might try disappearing.

2. profile image60
      CabinGirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Nobody likes you, get over it smile

You forgot to pick up the two dollars of the dresser. Remember it's a professional relationship. No feelings involved.

2. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 8 years ago

Change your avatar to a gorgeous hunky piece of naked manflesh and more hubbers will join.  Otherwise, you can bribe them, join your fan club and they can post on the religious forum without getting cut down lol.

3. goldentoad profile image60
    goldentoadposted 8 years ago

Thanks Cindy. I will not take any of your advice though. But Your thoughts are appreciated. I am only doing this thread to attract new people to my fan club. I already have you in my heart and you are trapped.

1. earnestshub profile image89
      earnestshubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Goldentoad, you know we all love you, but as a fan and friend I have to tell you it is the flatulence. Well not exactly the flatulence alone, the noise is well better than Dylon's harmonica, but straight up my friend it peels the skin off my nose! The smell is reminiscent  of Australian cane toad fried in deep pig shit mixed with pounds of garlic and red radish, fermented in aged cow intestinal fluid.
      Otherwise I reckon you're great and would recommend you highly. Don't ask me how I know what the exact smell is, it's a long story and involves Queensland, cane toads, a vegie patch and too many magic mushrooms.

Earnest where have you been hiding all this wonderful poetry? I feel inspired now.

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I have been wondering how many people use the forums for this....

Alot of people are on here to ask for fans. Its not the best way to go about because it appears desperate.

4. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 8 years ago

No I like the swearing.

It's a true American art form you know. Kind of like jazz.

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Totally agreed.  Very underrated, too.  Just look at David Mamet plays and his musical 'f*ck.'  Was thinking of writing a hub on it actually.  smile

5. tksensei profile image60
    tksenseiposted 8 years ago

I think Koreans are better at it than Americans.

1. Amanda Severn profile image90
      Amanda Severnposted 8 years ago in reply to this

We'll have to take your word for that!

6. debris profile image87
    debrisposted 8 years ago

Lol, this thread was a lot different than I was expecting it to be smile Now, I know that I have far fewer fans than you, but my experience so far has been to just right well thought out, and meaningful comments on hubs and that should help.  I've noticed that I tend to get fans after I leave one of my longer more meaningful comments.  I'll let you know if this trend continues.  I wish you all the best Goldentoad, and don't worry, your flatulance, and cursing don't make me think differently of you.

-Debris

I cannot help myself I have gas and even though the many people claim they do not, I suspect they do. I have tried in the past to stop cussing but it feels too good and I consider the F word the best words in the Latin language. I appreciate your support.

7. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

I would not complain, everyone seems to love you on here, as you know, what is your game........ is it just a touch of sarcasm

I know I suffer badly from it. Sarcasm keeps me saucy.

working