jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Asked to remove content from Helium

1. Laila Rajaratnam profile image71
    Laila Rajaratnamposted 7 years ago

I have been with Helium for more than a year.I got a mail from Helium today that they have decided not to accept writers from countries where English is not the primary language.I have been given notice to remove my articles within 4 weeks.It's fair that they want to maintain the standard of the site,but I thought that they should decide on a one to one basis instead of just banning a whole country.

2. gamergirl profile image60
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Wait, so Helium lets you remove your articles now?

1. hubber-2009 profile image60
      hubber-2009posted 7 years ago in reply to this

No they have given us the option to remove...

If we won't remove what will happen?

2. Laila Rajaratnam profile image71
      Laila Rajaratnamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes..this is what I received..'Because you cannot access Helium, or will soon be blocked from access, we feel it is only fair to remove your content from the site. Full rights to the work revert to you. We recognize that the version of your work that exists on Helium may be your only copy, so we will not begin removing content for four weeks (in mid-July)'

3. Jerilee Wei profile image93
    Jerilee Weiposted 7 years ago

That is a very strange move on the part of Helium.  Too bad the rest of us who wrote on Helium aren't given the option of removing our articles.  It's one of the issues that bother me with helium.

4. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Laila, from what I've read on Helium, they are in some cases deciding on a case-by-case basis (although, as you've seen, they are generally stopping writing from some countries).  You may want to just send them an e.mail and ask about the case-by-case thing.  Of course, they could have changed their policy since I read that.

1. Laila Rajaratnam profile image71
      Laila Rajaratnamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Lisa..this is want I wanted to know..whether I could email them.Thanks..will try..no harm in trying! smile

5. Pearldiver profile image86
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

Don't mess around just email Janice Brand directly
    That is an extraordinary thing; given their mission statement,

6. BundleBoy profile image70
    BundleBoyposted 7 years ago

Doesn' make sense? Why do they want to stop people from non-english speaking countries. They should rather decide on the quality of the content.

Helium is shooting itself in the foot.