jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

My first Hub published looking for help

1. SmartMomsSave profile image61
    SmartMomsSaveposted 7 years ago

Hi everybody,
    This is my first time posting on here and I am trying to get some insite as to maybe what I did wrong and what I did right.  Please give me some tips if you have any. 
    Thank you,

2. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Hi - this is the one bit of the forum where you can post links, so I'm posting it for other readers:

I think the hub is a good idea, and well-written.

Check your first sentence - an obvious spelling mistake right at the start sticks out (library's)

I'd also think about splitting your text up into separate capsules with a heading for each, such as "reading" or whatever. And maybe put the photo to the right of some of the text, rather than as a block at the bottom.

3. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

Smartmoms - hey smile  First - the content is fine. Informative, concise and does what it says on the box.

Improving your article: break up the text. Make good use of the different capsules. Add pictures and a video or two. Add (perhaps) a news feed. I would also suggest that you remove most of the external links you have throughout the text and, instead, split them into a couple of link-capsules. Too many links within your text can cause friction twixt you and hubpages wink

For more insight - check out some of the more seasoned hubbers. Have a look at their layouts ... spend some time absorbing the FAQ's provided by the hubteam. Basically - invest a little time in learning some of the basics and you'll pick up your own pace in no time.

Hope that helps. And welcome to hubpages big_smile

4. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I don't know what that code thingy is about. Also, try to keep your amazon, polls, etc. capsules above the comments. You can move these easily in *Edit* mode and click *Reorder now* which saves it and the little green arrows will help you move your capsules also. smile  Welcome to HubPages.

5. mythbuster profile image86
    mythbusterposted 7 years ago

I agree with DameScribe - amazon and poll capsules above comments.

I like the tone and information on your hub and I think there are fun as well as frugal tips here. Fun things for kids, frugal ways to have fun and save cash. I hope many people will heed your suggestions.