jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Ban User Commments?

1. Isabella Snow profile image88
    Isabella Snowposted 8 years ago

Paul, since we have the option of approving or denying comments, would it be possible to ban a specific member from commenting?

I dont want to have to moderate my hubs just for 1 or 2 people, but its starting to get to me.

<insert irritated smilie here>

2. Isabella Snow profile image88

Actually, on second thought, can you make it so we can deny comments as "spam"?

Right now we can only approve or deny - but they autoflag as spam sometimes. Can we manually do this, so you'll know if these people are doing it everywhere, and some kind of measure can be taken?

Cos I'm gonna scream if I get one more "very informative, please visit me" or "please join my fanclub" comment!

3. Kenny Wordsmith profile image81
    Kenny Wordsmithposted 8 years ago

I got some like that, too!

4. Misha profile image75
    Mishaposted 8 years ago

Like to have that spam button, too smile

5. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Great Topic.
    *leaves link to his own topic*

6. Earth Angel profile image71
    Earth Angelposted 8 years ago

Wow!! You guys are really, really poplular!! I've never gotten a single one!! I hate being left out!! Okay so maybe on this one it is a good thing!! Blessings, Earth Angel!!

7. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Someone somewhere has probably written an e-book on how to get more traffic to your sites by making hubs (with links to their own non-Hub sites) and "promoting" them by hitting guestbooks and leaving copy and paste comments with a positive message and a link back to one of their own hubs.

If my speculation is correct it's only going to get worse.

8. Isabella Snow profile image88

And now they are returning to leave more comments when I deny the first 2 or 3!

I think they even have a second account they're doing the same thing with - this makes for tons of comments in a thread that I wish I could just delete...

... erm.. why can't we delete them, anyway....?

It would be nice to at least make them invisible! wink

9. Isabella Snow profile image88

4 times in one hub, and Im sure there will be a 5th, 6th and 7th.

If this isnt spam, I dont know what is.

Is there nothing we can do to stop this?? sad

working