jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (26 posts)

Okay, is it just me or is someone else noticing all the scientology?

1. cindyvine profile image87
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

On all my hubs and other's hubs I see Scientology banners.  I feel as if we are being inundated with scientology and now I'm saturated.  I can't take any more.  They are there when I close my eyes to sleep at night.  Can someone please tell Tom Cruise he's made his point and he can rather donate that scientology banner money now, to starving AIDS orphans in Africa.

1. spiderpam profile image58
      spiderpamposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've noticed that too. weird.

2. BaliMermaid profile image61
      BaliMermaidposted 7 years ago in reply to this

To remove the Scientology Ads enter the following link into your Adsense Competitive Ad Filter.

http://www.youtube.com/churchofscientology

Good Luck.

2. darkside profile image81
    darksideposted 7 years ago

You're not alone, a few others have noticed the scientlology ads too:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15271
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15219
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15200

I've added them to my Competitive Ad Filter.

3. BristolBoy profile image81
    BristolBoyposted 7 years ago

I keep reading about such adverts.  I haven't seen any ever on Hubpages, but maybe I have learnt to ignore such adverts.

4. cindyvine profile image87

Jeez BB, all weekend, they been popping up and damn near blinding me.  Hahaha wasn't that a Howard Jones song?  Blinded by Science?

5. darkside profile image81

I haven't seen any either. Or I haven't noticed.

Maybe they're targeting the American audience?

6. Sufidreamer profile image82
    Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago

Pretty much every single advert I see is for scientology. Maybe they are targeting Greece - they have been banned here big_smile

7. fortunerep profile image58
    fortunerepposted 7 years ago

If there are any words of "emotion" in my hubs, which are quite few then there is a scientoloy ad.  I guess they are sending me a message.
    dori

1. Sufidreamer profile image82
      Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You could well be right - I have a few Hubs about science and religion. Bloody annoying, though - I think that I blocked the ads on my own Hubs, but have no control over what I see on others.

8. cindyvine profile image87

I think we can start a S.H.I.T. group.  Scientology has invaded this.

9. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I am going to block it. I have them on my Why Sex is Important to Men hub. What is going on with the scientology ads? They don't pay us well and they are inundating Google. In addition, NOBODY wants to click on the darned things! Ugh!

1. Sufidreamer profile image82
      Sufidreamerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I think that if you look at some of the links that Darkside provided, it shows you how to block them from your adsense account smile

2. profile image59
      badcompany99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Sex is a science smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
        Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

More an artform wink

1. profile image59

Touche smile

10. Everyday Miracles profile image93

That's exactly what I did. Thanks, Sufi!

11. Everyday Miracles profile image93

Ha! But scientologists only have sex in order to produce children! tongue

1. profile image59

I thought we all did smile

12. RedElf profile image85
    RedElfposted 7 years ago

Can you please send instructions how to block the dang thing - and will it affect any other ads on my hubs? I didn't mind one or two, three, even is not so bad, but they are everywhere - this is more like an infestation...

13. Lisa HW profile image81
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I never sign out and only look at my Hubs if there's a comment on them, so I have no idea what gets advertised on them.  (How "professional" of me to be "so on top of these things"  smile  )

Think I'll go look and see if there are Scientology ads - and then be none-too-pleased if there are.

14. girly_girl09 profile image74
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

One of my major issues with the scientology ads (aside from the major obvious reasons), is that they sometime don't look like ads! Some of the ones I have seen look more like little graphic banners that I stuck on my page in support or something.

Why? Because there is no "sponsored" or "ads by google" text anywhere on or below the ad. One time, I tried to right click to get the link address to block it, but the ad wasn't even clickable! That made it look even more so like a graphic that I'd put as my support of scientology or something. Don't want my readers thinking that! lol

15. darkside profile image81
  16. cindyvine profile image87

I don't have adsense and have those scientology things coming on my hubs, so I can't block it the way you explained!

17. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I'm still awash with scientology ads and videos, despite putting them in my competetive ad filter.

Seems Old Father Hubbard's a force to be reckoned with neutral

Or is it that bloody Cruise? *pffftttt*

18. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

You can hide, but I can't seem to get away from these ads either....  They're invading my nightmares!  ahhhhhh

working