Why can't I set ad level?

1. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

I'm trying to publish a short story hub with illustrations. The ad placements are messing up where I want the drawings to go, and for some reason I can't turn the settings off.  I click on the drop down menue next to ads and I can see "options for NONE, low, medium etc." and High is highlighted, but I can't select anything else.  I don't want ads in this thing.  It's not selling anything and these ads are going to mess up the mood.  My other hubs have lots of ads in them.  I should be able to have ONE hub that isn't just about generating money, dangit!

(Yes, there's probably some easy button I'm not clicking, but... meh.  A little help please.  smile

2. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

You need to uncheck the box that asks if the hub could be considered commercial in order to reduce the ads on the hub. If it's a non commerical hub smile

3. Shadesbreath profile image89
    Shadesbreathposted 7 years ago

SWEET!  That was it.  I was afraid it might be some totally obvious thing like that.  They should put that box BEFORE the ad option. I mean, who adjusts stuff AFTER they have already done it?  It's like selling shoes by giving people stuff to try on and then asking them what size they wear.

Thanks, now I can publish it!