Google Adsense doesn't permit multiple accounts--What?

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (28 posts)
  1. TamCor profile image81
    TamCorposted 14 years ago

I have applied for Google Adsense, and thought I'd done everything right, but I got an email from them, stating this:

---
    Thanks for your interest in Google AdSense. While reviewing your
    application, we noticed that your account information matches a currently
    approved AdSense account associated with xxxxxx@gmail.com. Please
    remember that your ad code from that account can be used on any website
    that complies with our program policies. However, because our policies do
    not permit multiple accounts, we're unable to accept your new application
    at this time.
    ----

There's more to the email, but this is the main part that I don't understand.  Is it because my husband already has a Google Adsense account set up under the above email address? 

I set mine up to go under a different email address, so I just don't understand what I'm supposed to do here...

Any help would be appreciated!

1. flread45 profile image59
      flread45posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Google ran a track on your address,which most likely ended up at your husbands e-mail,which you have used occasionally.

2. TamCor profile image81

Thanks firead45--But what does that mean?  I haven't used his email account, but we do share the same computer--would that be the problem?

And if it is--what do I do next?

1. livewithrichard profile image73
      livewithrichardposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can have 2 accounts on the same computer they just need to have different names and email addresses.  Your best bet is to just resubmit an application, or prior to doing that, contact google and explain what you are trying to do.

TamCorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you--We are using different names and email addresses, that's what is so confusing here!

3. nyliram profile image58
    nyliramposted 14 years ago

The only way is to use a Computer with a different IP Nummber Than the one your husband is using, you will probably need a separate address also, and phone number. Use any computer to set up the account, but create another e mail address for yourself from your husbands computer.Don't show anything remotely the same as on his original account.
    You are not doing anything illegal. You are entitled to have an account.

Do you mean a different home address?  And I don't have a clue what you mean about using a computer with a different IP number, sorry...I signed up with a different email address than my husband's, but they are saying I'm using the same one!

I apologize for sounding so dense here, but the more I read, the more confused I'm getting, lol...

1. nyliram profile image58
        nyliramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, No but never give out your personal address or any personal details unless you are certain whom you are dealing with...........No one is who they seem on the net. Every computer has an IP Number which shows location of computer, and is effectively an address for that Computer. In other words country of Origin is traced this way, e mail address is something which you create and use, for your transactions, I make a habit never to trust anyone, unless they prove to me who they are, I correspond with only those known to me. I was worried when you said Do I give my address, NEVER>

4. Lissie profile image75
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

Why not just use your husband's account - you'll reach payout quicker? To setup your own everything needs to be different: home address/phone/IP address/email/bank a/c for payment

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'd suggest following Lissie's advice.  If you want to see your own earnings separate from his, you can set up URL channels for your hubs and his hubs (or sites, as the case may be).

2. TamCor profile image81

Lissie--Thank you for the suggestion--I don't have a problem at all using his, if I knew how to set it up without causing any problems.

Should I just close the one I opened in my name then? Is there a place I can go to to find out how to use his account?

So sorry for all of the questions, but this is all new to me...

5. TamCor profile image81

Thank you Maddie--I think that sounds like the best idea, I agree.  I guess my next step is to figure out the best way to do this...

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
      Maddie Ruudposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All you need to do is ask him for his AdSense for Content publisher's ID.  Should start with ca-pub- and then a series of numbers.  You enter this on your affiliate settings page here on HubPages.  You can find instructions to help you do this at http://hubpages.com/help/googleadsense

Thanks so much Maddie--I just went in and did that, and now the setting says "active".  When I click on to check earnings, it now shows my husband's email address at the top, and what I believe are my earnings, since the last time he checked, his earnings were higher...

Does this sound right?  Is there anything else we need to do?  Should we change the payee name to both of our names, or leave it as his?  I was concerned about this only because of future tax issues...

Thanks again for all of your help, this new hubber really appreciates it!

6. getpaidtopost profile image41
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

Google also check your ip address. proxy is no good either as they will match it with your home address. One thing you can do is ask your internet service provider to change your ip. however they will not change your ip without good cause, to get around this just tell them someone keeps attacking your computer, planting viruses and you feel your private information is at risk let them know you have read on many guru forums that changing the ip address will stop the attacks and to achive the ip change i must contact my isp.

They should change it for you.

Once you have the ip changed go delete all your internet history, cookies, use a different email address and website address for a free website try http://bumdig.com this will give you a new unique url for google. once your account is active you can put your ads on any site even the one they declined.

Do the above and you should get accepted for a new Google adsense account.

getpaidtopost--Thanks for those suggestions, I appreciate you taking the time to post--since I just went ahead and did and Lissie and Maddie suggested, I will keep this in mind if any other future problems occur!

7. getpaidtopost profile image41
    getpaidtopostposted 14 years ago

I am presuming the other account has been blocked. Otherwise I don't think Google would reject your new application.
    Sorry if i read this wrong. if it has been blocked follow my last post above.

Do you mean my husband's account?  As far as we can tell, his is okay--I really hope I didn't do anything to mess his up, as he's been a member for quite awhile now...

NO apologies necessary--I have been so lost, trying to figure all of this out, that I may not have explained it very well....

8. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

Baby....you could fry my Google and still get a big hug!

Awwww, you just always know the right thing to say, sweetie...lol

~~hugs~~

1. ripplemaker profile image78
        ripplemakerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hehe you are both so cute...big_smile  Glad you sorted that out Tamcor. :-) I think it's okay...I also find myself scratching my head trying to understand things like google and SEO and keywords...hehe

lol...Thanks ripplemaker, yeah, sometimes we get a tad carried away, haha. 

Okay, I give...what's SEO??? smile 

I think I need to take some sort of computer classes to understand all of this jargon...it's SO confusing!

1. ripplemaker profile image78
            ripplemakerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

SEO:  System Engine Optimization. 

Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving the volume or quality of traffic to a web site from search engines. If your website or hub appears on the front page, the more visitors it will receive from the search engine.

As for you and Tom, I still find it cute. smile lol

9. TamCor profile image81

Thank you, nyliram, for clearing that up for me--I appreciate it!

No, probs. its really easy, people just ry and make the Internet seem difficult.
      Good luck with your writing.

2. nyliram profile image58

No, probs. its really easy, people just try and make the Internet seem difficult. Trying to look more important than they are lol. Good luck with your writing.

1. utu profile image58
        utuposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I thought that the first advise you gave on this subject, was possibly naughty, or provocative, so you were joking, Truly.

No I was worried that she was going to give her e mail address out. Thats a no no!!!!! Or were you referring to the IP thing, Its terrible but more wide spread than we think.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)