jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Google adsense in your currency

1. alexd181 profile image61
    alexd181posted 7 years ago

Has anyone else outside the US noticed an announcement on their Google adsense dashboard that earnings will soon be displayed in local currencies? The threshold for Australian Dollar pay outs is a$150, apparently, instead of the default $100us that it was before. It looks like this is going to be made standard in some countries.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yup - I was coerced into switching my reporting and they made it clear that it will eventually be mandatory.

2. Mrvoodoo profile image60
    Mrvoodooposted 7 years ago

Yep, I've switched to £'s, just when I was starting to get used to thinking in $'s too. 

The only thing I was curious about is, if you get a 1 cent click, do they round it up to a penny or round it down to nothing.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Aahh Swedish rounding ,they do that in NZ MrV (apparently easier on the books-yea right) lol and given that the Greenback is stronger than the Kiwi ,will I get more smile must be where the address thingy is important for the tax people...

3. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Hopefully they will ignore NZ with its volatile currency and 4 million people - 2.5 of which have Adsense accounts with regular payouts - the last thing I want is another currency in my accounting!

4. LondonGirl profile image91
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

It wanted me to change to £, but then said it would affect payout levels, and directed me to a page which only showed payout limits for $ and euros. So I'm waiting to see.

5. Rik Ravado profile image92
    Rik Ravadoposted 7 years ago

LondonGirl: The sterling payout rate is now on the Google Adsense site and is £60.  The current exchange rate is around $1.65 to the £ so this is around $99 ie close to $100.  I guess the difference for Google is they don't loose out on shifts in currency as the exchange rate is determined at the time of each click.

I guess I'll switch but I liked the idea of having a dollar income!

6. dipless profile image86
    diplessposted 7 years ago

I switched to £ yesterday, so will see smile

7. viryabo profile image85
    viryaboposted 7 years ago

Switched to £ sterling immediately i saw the notice. Feel more comfortable with this now. And threshold is £60. Seeing 1p is better than seeing 1cent.