jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (13 posts)

A tip for fiction and poetry writers to get traffic

1. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

It seems like it is very hard to get traffic for fiction and poetry hubs outside of the hubpages community.  I'd just like to mention a site that might get you some more targeted traffic.

DeviantArt.com is a social network of artists frome every genre, including the written word.  As a free member you can make a profile and link it to you hubpages content.  I link mine to my profile.  You can also upload and build your own portfolio.  It can be fiction from any genre, poety, and even non fiction.

DevianArt has a Google page rank of 7.  Globaly they are ranked 116 for traffic and here in the United States they are ranked 83 by Alexa.  They avearge 120,000 visitory every day.   

Getting involved in the community as you do here can considerably increase your inbound traffic.  Posting some of your original content as a "deviant" can also get you some great exposure.

Just for clarification, HP has a page rank of 6, DA a page rank of 7.  Getting a backlink on a PR7 site without asking permission for it is pretty cool.

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
      Eaglekiwiposted 7 years ago in reply to this
    2. Drew Breezzy profile image82
      Drew Breezzyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

thanks for the advice I'll be sure to check it out

2. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

Thanks, LWR!  You have a plethora of information lately, it's awesome.  Waiting for your hub to come out.  Thanks for sharing.

3. livewithrichard profile image86
    livewithrichardposted 7 years ago

Of all the sites that I have been involved with, the Hubpages community has been the best.  I don't feel like I'm in competition whith any of my fellow hubbers.  Keeping involved in the forums and reading and commenting on the many great hubs here, gives me a sense of connection with our hubber community and I feel compelled to share my experiences and the knowledge I gain to help us all succeed in our writing endeavours.

I'm happy to help when I can!

1. alekhouse profile image80
      alekhouseposted 7 years ago in reply to this

How and where do you find all these figures on page rank?

livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You can find page rank of just about any website using the application here:  http://www.pagerank.net/pagerank-checker/

And you can find traffic information and traffic rank using Alexa here:  http://www.alexa.com/

They are useful when you are trying to market your brand.  Makes no real sense to put much more than a backlink on a site that doesn't get much traffic.

Don't stop putting backlinks out there but do spread them around.  For instance, if you put a dozen backlinks on free blogs from blogger, you're only going to realize the affect from one backlink.  Search for self hosted blogs.

Being active on DeviantArt gets you more than just a little traffic, it gets you exposure and a larger readership.

4. RooBee profile image85
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

thanks a bunch! I'm starting to lose count of the helpful tips I've gotten from you livewithrichard.

livewithrichardposted 7 years ago in reply to this

You are very welcome, everyone is.  I'm just trying to be a good hubpage citizen...lol

5. Beth100 profile image83
    Beth100posted 7 years ago

Thanks a bunch Richard!  You catch my attention whenever I check out your hubs....always a great piece of information that can be applied effectively.

6. Pete Maida profile image61
    Pete Maidaposted 7 years ago

Excellent info.  I first love is fiction writing.  Thanks a lot I'm going to check right into it.

7. 0
    Leta Sposted 7 years ago

Thanks, livewithrichard...  Good suggestion.  smile

8. Cynthia Gaines profile image61
    Cynthia Gainesposted 7 years ago

Thank you for the helpful info! I'm sure I'll be reading more of your posts in the future...