jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (15 posts)

Cannot insert videos

1. lrohner profile image86
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

I've tried both YouTube and Yahoo videos. When I enter either the link or the embed code, everything appears to be working except I cannot see or preview the videos in the capsule. I just get that funky little box with the x in it. I can, however, view the videos on both YouTube and Yahoo, so it's not a problem with my PC. I am running IE7.  Help!

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You have to use a video capsule...

3. lrohner profile image86

I did use a video capsule. Sorry I didn't specify that. I tried inserting both the embed code and the URL in the video capsule where it is called for.  Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. It tells me it's recognized and what the video code is, but it won't show for me in the hub edit or preview mode. I can see the video on YouTube however.

1. 0
      wordscribe41posted 7 years ago in reply to this

It sounds like you're doing everything right.  How frustrating!  I've never run into that, honestly.  Is it still acting up?

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

Can you post the URL to the video?  There are some Youtube vidoes that can not be embedded (you can only watch them on YouTube).  That could be the problem, or it may be something else ...

5. larryfreeman profile image85
    larryfreemanposted 7 years ago

Hi lrohner,

I checked your hub "It's All About the Tomato" and found that the video "How to Make Fresh Salsa" played fine on my browser.

Is this the video that you are having problems with?

Thanks,

-Larry

lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes -- that's the one. I guess as long as everyone else can see it them I'm fine. Do you think it could be an IE7 issue???

1. pauldeeds profile image
        pauldeedsposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Can you see videos on other people's hubs (try here)?  It may be that some type of security setting or software is blocking flash on HubPages but not on youtube.

lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Paul - My hubs look perfectly fine and I can see the videos using Firefox. When using IE7, nada. I can't see mine. Can't see others'.

BUT...I can view the videos just fine on YouTube, so I don't know why I can't see them on my hubs???

1. larryfreeman profile image85
            larryfreemanposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hi lrohner,

I've confirmed that there seems to be a problem with the video capsule and IE7.

I'll look into it to figure out what's up.

I'll report on this thread when I have an update.

-Larry

The problems seems to be on the YouTube side.

I am now able to watch videos on IE7.

If you are still having problems, try hitting SHIFT+refresh on IE.

-Larry

6. lrohner profile image86

Here's the URL:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9EsBqGnXHs

I also tried a Yahoo video with the same results.

Sheesh!  And it's my first hub to boot!  smile

7. lrohner profile image86

Thanks Larry. I have no problems watching videos on IE7. I DO have problems watching videos embedded into HubPages Hubs on IE7. The videos play just fine on YouTube. I tried the Shift+refresh, but still no videos.

Hi lrohner,

Just tried the video on one of your hubs with IE7.  It worked fine for me.

Here's a screenshot:

http://hubpages.com/u/1286881.jpg

-Larry

8. lrohner profile image86

Again, it's a ME thing.  Figures...  smile

working