jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Cant add telephone numer to profile.

1. bala99 profile image60
    bala99posted 7 years ago

I am not able to add my pnone numer to my profile. The format I used is +XXYYZZZZZZZZ, where +XX is the country code, YY is the area code and ZZZZZZZZ is my number. After giving a message-Enter valid number-a couple  of times, there is another message, something very wrong, try later. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image82
    Maddie Ruudposted 7 years ago

That field is set to receive US-numbers only.  It is not required, you can just leave it blank.

bala99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, I did not know that.

3. cindyvine profile image85
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

Would you really want to put your phone number out there?

bala99posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Google Adsense has been asking that for verification.

4. kmackey32 profile image81
    kmackey32posted 7 years ago

I think it would be a bad idea to add your phone number. You never know what kind of people would call you.

5. Dolores Monet profile image89
    Dolores Monetposted 7 years ago

I'm with Cindy and K. You certainly don't want to post your phone number in a public area like this. People gathering information for nefarious purposes might look for phone numbers.

6. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I think the poster means that he or she is trying to update the information for the update my profile page (private info that isn't displayed). You can put your real name, address, phone number, etc. but it is not required and won't show up on your actual profile. I guess it's for HubPage's records.

lol I couldn't imagine putting my private phone number on here.

I once had a reporter 'accidentally' publish my private number in the newspaper as a contact for a political campaign...she knew what she was doing. hmm I had specifically given her the main office number, but no...my private cell somehow got published. It showed up in print and online. I got them to remove the number posted online, but I had to shut off my personal cell for a week.

Never, ever post your number online! lol

7. bala99 profile image60
    bala99posted 7 years ago

If someone calls to harass, i will just ask for money or help or just any thing. Ask for a commitment. That should be fun and kill it too. Anyways if someone call international to have fun he deserves a huge bill. I trust hubpages privacy policy. Thank you all for the concern.